8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't experience this when i had my si but then i got a sedan now and wow i'm starting to hate the chrome grille!!!
I have a Royal Blue Pearl and kind of don't want to buy an si grille for $130+ in a color that doesn't match my car!!
However, is there a way an overlay can solve this problem?
Sponsors!! I'm calling you all out!
Do you have anything to solve this problem?
An overlay matching the color of the car would look nice and because they're not expensive and can last, that'd be really great and CHEAP!!

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Izzy said:
Why not just paint it striker?
u have to sand it down, and get the paint and all that crap. For people with no knowledge or skills to do it, an overlay would be the best solution

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I'd help ya if you were in the area. That said, even the OEM NHBP Si grille would look brilliant on that blue.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nah, fiji blue and royal blue don't match at all. Just like a white bumper on a cream-colored car. It'd look odd.
I can do it but i kinda don't wanna take the bumper off, then take the grille off, sand the chrome finish down, premier, paint and some clear coat.
I'd be easier to get a dark overlay for an easy installation without taking anything off.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We sedan owners who are short on cash can't afford to spend 130+ on a grille or paint the thing ourselves with limited supplies and maybe we'd damage the grille...
We need a better solution!!
Bump it if you're a sedan owner, hate the chrome grille and want a cheaper solution!

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Nighthawk Black not Fiji. ;)

I would rather be interested in a Coupe overlay as well, seeing Blue Batmobile's work.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Izzy said:
Nighthawk Black not Fiji. ;)
that won't blend in well with royal blue except at night. During the day it'd look really odd and if it's sunny u can see the shaved Si part of the grille. And that doesn't look appealing.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Uhm, you keep saying "$130+" but if you look here:
https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hon...s_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=G&hp_component=B++45
all you need is #11 and #14, both clocking in at less than $40. Add ~12 shipping and subtract $5 for the current coupon code (fallsavings or something, i forget), and you're under $100. . . . which is a deal. Plus I'm not even sure you need #11 . . . but I have a coupe so I can't speak from experience.

Honestly, if you think sanding and painting a few coats on the grille is too much work, you might be underestimating how much work it is to put one of those overlays on right. I've seen quite a few here that got put on crooked or off-center and it looks crappy.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ryan T said:
Uhm, you keep saying "$130+" but if you look here:
https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hon...s_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=G&hp_component=B++45
all you need is #11 and #14, both clocking in at less than $40. Add ~12 shipping and subtract $5 for the current coupon code (fallsavings or something, i forget), and you're under $100. . . . which is a deal. Plus I'm not even sure you need #11 . . . but I have a coupe so I can't speak from experience.

Honestly, if you think sanding and painting a few coats on the grille is too much work, you might be underestimating how much work it is to put one of those overlays on right. I've seen quite a few here that got put on crooked or off-center and it looks crappy.
overlays on the chrome would be easier.
Granted it can be off centered but that's why you start from the H(middle) then you work onto the sides

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Blue batman! where you at?
I mean i know he can't just make one overlay for one or a couple of users. That wouldn't make any profits. He wants people to show interest that way he'll know the product will sell!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Why don't you PM him? The title of your thread isn't going to catch his eye. He's a busy man and has his own threads to worry about.

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
i have fiji ex sedan. hated the chrome as well. what i did was just paint the Grill for like around $50-$100 i forgot how much though. it was only this cheap because i was getting other parts painted and he asked if i wanted the chrome painted or not so i just said sure since it was going to be cheaper..

·
Banned
13,636 Posts
CHH has the Base & Grille for 64.35 and 10-15 for shipping.

The SI Grille looks better anyways, and its already color matched

DIY

I honestly don't think overlays would be worth it... :eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
302 Posts
1 - 20 of 58 Posts