8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i already did a search and it brings up hundreds of threads, so im starting a new post.i know most you guys dont like chrome rims, but i have seen a few pics of coupes with chrome rims. i have a NHBP coupe and was thinking chrome rims, but cant find any good pics of any coupes with all chrome wheels. most just have a chrome lip or a small amount of chrome. please post up any pics of coupes with chrome.

also i drive alot (about 4000 miles a month) and was wondering if i would be better off sticking to a 16" wheel as opposed to a 17" or 18". my concerns are ride quality, tire wear (i dont want to lower it) and price of new tires. if i cant find some chrome rims i might just buy some Si rims.

thanks, todd

·
Registered
877 Posts
^ the larger the tire diameter the smaller the sidewall...the smaller the sidewall the "worse" the ride. a polished lip is not necessarily chrome. i think that 16" chrome rims with stock suspension would not look appealing

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
^ the larger the tire diameter the smaller the sidewall...the smaller the sidewall the "worse" the ride. a polished lip is not necessarily chrome. i think that 16" chrome rims with stock suspension would not look appealing
:yeahthat:

+ Chrome rims?? I Have a NHBP coupe. and I would throw my change at another NHBP Coupe for having chrome rims... There may be a 1 in 500,000 exception.. but thats rare..

If you like them tho thats all that matters.. dont listen to anyone here.. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
chrome rims did u say?

this from my old lx...

chrome lip did u say?

bling bling is super heavy and also affects the acceleration. i'm getting 24-25mpg whereas others are getting 30+.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks like ill just look for some stock Si rims and slap them on there. i didnt realize the chrome would make that much difference in gas mileage. are stock Si rims light weight?

todd

·
Registered
390 Posts
Almost anything will weigh less than chrome wheels dude. If your driving that much to I wouldnt reccomend it, it will speed up the wear on the tires and cars suspension, like the ball joints. Get some Si wheels or something light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.