8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do most comments about chrome rims say they are "rice". Most all factory upgrades for rims are chrome for both import (Nissan, Mazda, and others) and domestic cars. I don't understand why a clean design chrome rim would make your car "rice". I am considering having my 17" HFP rims chromed. Without any crude remarks or jokes please explain. Thanks !!!

· Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks for the input

Now I understand a little more about the term "rice". Some of you mentioned terms "racer" and "sporty" in your comments. Is there a difference in these two terms and if so, please explain.

· Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Sorry !?!?!?

carlo_amacio...It's interesting your example of a "racer" in my opinion is totally wrong. It has at least 19" chrome wheels which as others have pointed out are to heavy and according to auto-x guys on this site 17" rims and tires are best for racing. Also, that rear spoiler height is not functional. Please don't take this wrong, but I consider that car "rice".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.