1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
way to go chevy. you get the bailout $$ and this is what you build. gas guzzlin overpriced pos. and you wonder why they needed a bailout in the first place. i thought they were going to come up with a plan to stay in business for todays gas crisis and poor economy. building these cars will definetaly not get them another bailout. its these actions by chevy that will put them under. i sure dont want to see or hear them bitching about how they may lose their jobs because they need to start pointing the finger inward and ask why the f*** did we do that. this is the start of the end for chevy. and i will be most happy to see them go under. american car makers make me sick!!!

·
Registered
10,265 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMO, not so much. all 3 of these cars are fails compared to what they used to be.
more power, better drivability, retro look.. Id say they are on the same level

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
way to go chevy. you get the bailout $$ and this is what you build. gas guzzlin overpriced pos. and you wonder why they needed a bailout in the first place. i thought they were going to come up with a plan to stay in business for todays gas crisis and poor economy. building these cars will definetaly not get them another bailout. its these actions by chevy that will put them under. i sure dont want to see or hear them bitching about how they may lose their jobs because they need to start pointing the finger inward and ask why the f*** did we do that. this is the start of the end for chevy. and i will be most happy to see them go under. american car makers make me sick!!!
It would help to at least be somewhat knowledgeable about a company before you say that they should go under (and take what's left of our economy with it).

Last I checked, GM made more 30+ mpg vehicles than any other automaker in America.

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
It would help to at least be somewhat knowledgeable about a company before you say that they should go under (and take what's left of our economy with it).

Last I checked, GM made more 30+ mpg vehicles than any other automaker in America.
^word. they do many too many copies of the cars though.

but im a GM man at heart. and i LOVE the new camaro's i want the v8 one so bad.

and the camaro has an LS motor that cuts 4 cylinders when not being used. so it will still get good highway mileage.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

yes sir ^

This Camaro will be a big hit 425hp @ 3400 pounds I think they said a 13.0 @ 110mph stock ect. LS2 motor etc. That forum I posted are alot guys waiting to buy these cars and have placed orders. They will sell no doubt about that

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
yes sir ^

This Camaro will be a big hit 425hp @ 3400 pounds I think they said a 13.0 @ 110mph stock ect. LS2 motor etc. That forum I posted are alot guys waiting to buy these cars and have placed orders. They will sell no doubt about that
There wont be as much demand. Just because a handful of guys from a website forum have placed orders, it doesnt mean 100,000 customers are already lined up to buy these cars. Especially with the recent statement GM has made.
And what they said was something along these lines: "toyota has shown a loss in the last year, so why should we mimick them and build hybrids if we do not know what the customer will buy year after year?"

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
that doesnt seem like a bad statement. why put money into something thats not even a for sure thing, they would spend many million developing a hybrid, and it wouldnt sell for crap because honda and yota have already done it and are better at it. so they stick to what they know.

how many other companies has a 425hp or better car with a V8 that gets 17 or so mpg city, and 25 highway?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
You guys forget Chevy built it's company around muscle cars....

Honda build there company around mpg..

You could say bringing out the next gen Si would be a waste for honda because there based on mpg and the market is this and that

but no chevy is going back to there roots even more by bringing this car out and there not afraid to do so. Honestly everyone who cuts up the new lastest decent sports car and crys about the market and fuel mpg get off the car forums. Yes you guys have your k20's and are happy and sh*t but what happens when honda stops making cars with k20's or k24's for that matter. I want to see your support then when all that matters to them is making the most average cars out there.

bottom line Chevy is rebuilding there company from the ground up from scratch at this point, they arn't going to be like toyota, honda, hyundai with all fuel efficent cars, why? Cause there CHEVY thats why and thats why they build the v8's they way they do. Im sick of everyone saying the big 3 need to learn from the import car companies. Last I checked GM, Ford, Dodge are legendary and years from now the cars are actually apreciated. You take your civic from the 70's to the barret jackson auctions and get laughed at.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
that doesnt seem like a bad statement. why put money into something thats not even a for sure thing, they would spend many million developing a hybrid, and it wouldnt sell for crap because honda and yota have already done it and are better at it. so they stick to what they know.

how many other companies has a 425hp or better car with a V8 that gets 17 or so mpg city, and 25 highway?
the GS-F rated at a combined 21mpg driven hard.
Also, as logical as that statement may seem, they are not doing what they are capable of. Why build huge engines at econoboxes prices? that will lead to higher demand in oil. And it is NOT guaranteed that they will be hot pancakes. The Volt is turning out to be crap as of now.
Every japanese car manufacturer has shown a net loss in the last quarter due to a higher value of the yen which means it will cost less to export but at the sametime, the vehicles itself will cost less to own overseas. Profit will go away and you end up with a huge loss. The cheaper the yen, the more japanese automakers make.
Also, not only did toyota and Honda post a last quarter loss but every single auto maker did as well. And then you come out to talk to the press and sweettalk people so they can start building what they have been in the past.

Also, did you notice why American V8s have more Hp but are not as fast as others with less horsepower? Weight distribution and overall gross weight.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
You guys forget Chevy built it's company around muscle cars....

Honda build there company around mpg..

You could say bringing out the next gen Si would be a waste for honda because there based on mpg and the market is this and that

but no chevy is going back to there roots even more by bringing this car out and there not afraid to do so
they should refine what they have yet to accomplish to get customers away from Honda or Toyota and show that they are actually putting my tax money to good use rather than still act like there's no recession and worst that they didnt use our money so their execs can get perks to the fullest.

You dont go back to what has ruined you just because it looks good. You have to move on with what is going on today.
Great you can do a retro on those great cars but what good is that for if the technology is the same from 2001 + when they started losing more and more?
Oh, and GM has reported to build more SUVs.

On the sidenote, anyone know what happened to the OMG LOOK AT THE NEW MUSTANG retro look?...yeah ...

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.