8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whtdvl said:
i like'd the whine of the SC...but the potential of the turbo..i wonder what the output will be on them
If it is the same engine from the skyline/solstice and SS HHR, the output is around 260 hp.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Honda anyday...i just find it funny that Chevy has to build a turbo/SC motor to stay in the same class as out Si's :)...whatever makes Chevy feel tough...***junk***cough cough***junk***

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Dynasty_TypeR said:
Honda anyday...i just find it funny that Chevy has to build a turbo/SC motor to stay in the same class as out Si's :)...whatever makes Chevy feel tough...***junk***cough cough***junk***
I don't really think it's to compete with the Civic Si. It's to compete with the MazdaSpeed 3, which, in a roundabout way competes with the WRX. Cheap speed, essentially, because of the easy power gains from a turbo.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
JeShUa said:
I'm ashamed at you guys for the negative comments.
Being negative has nothing on being truthful. :D

I will say, even though I hate the Solstice, the GXP version is very very sexy. Maybe it's because of TF???

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
lol. the reliability of a turbo motor is not the greatest....and the reliability of a turbo chevy is even worse...:eek:hnoes:

they should have stuck with the supercharged motor for any long term drivability.

·
Registered
522 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
lol. the reliability of a turbo motor is not the greatest....and the reliability of a turbo chevy is even worse...:eek:hnoes:

they should have stuck with the supercharged motor for any long term drivability.
Actually the Ecotec motor has been proven to be a very reliable engine and able to take a ton of abuse. (I know this too because I had a Cobalt rent-a-car for a week :p) It's the transmission and interior quality that give the Cobalt a bad name. I really don't think they look bad at all, and I was considering an SS until I kept hearing about the transmission issues.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
The new Cobalt actually reminds me, somewhat, in a very far off plane about the 6th gen civics. With the large headlights and the shape of the coupe. I dunno...it's not a bad looking car, as long as the wing isn't there.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I believe I read somewhere that the Cobalt was redesigned to compete with the import market. Now if they can only do a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep and give a lifetime warraty on powertrain, I'd go back to Chevy. Hey wait a minute, I am. 2009 Camaro all the way, probably wait for the 2010 though. I'd still keep the SI.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts