8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shocked today when I checked my gas mileage. The car has 800 miles on it now and I haven't driven too lightly from everyone wanting to go for a ride lately. The car still managed to pull out 27mpg! :dance: This makes me pretty happy, I was worried I would be in the low 20's and have to concentrate on keeping my foot out of the throttle to achieve that number.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I accelerate fairly hard, but I don't stay in VTEC a lot. My lowest MPG was 26 and my highest was something like 31. The 31 was kind of a one time occurrence. Normally I get 27-28.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Sucks I live in MN we get Summer blend and Winter blend gasoline. Mine like the summer gasoline which will take longer to burn than when it's cold.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I was curious as to what they put in my tank when I rolled off the lot. I was hoping they could just give me some credit for the closest gas station haha

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Yeah, I was curious as to what they put in my tank when I rolled off the lot. I was hoping they could just give me some credit for the closest gas station haha
:yeahthat: I was trying to watch them go fill it up until my dealer rep. disappeared and I knew it............ He was putting 87 in the tank! lol :SHOCKED: It's okay though cus I've been feeding my baby 93 since! :dance:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was shocked today when I checked my gas mileage. The car has 800 miles on it now and I haven't driven too lightly from everyone wanting to go for a ride lately. The car still managed to pull out 27mpg! :dance: This makes me pretty happy, I was worried I would be in the low 20's and have to concentrate on keeping my foot out of the throttle to achieve that number.
Coupe or Sedan? Highway or City?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That would be great if it went up to 32mpg! This was a sedan, and I'd say 60 city/ 40 highway. And that includes plenty of trips to the 6K+ range which is why I was so surprised.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I usually average 27mpg in the good weather. Lately however with the damn new england weather I've had a few tanks that only got 24 but hell I'm not gonna complain cuz thats still great imo considering i don't baby the throttle.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hell, blitzing around town, I can get as low as 20mpg when I :vtec: a lot. If I drive like I've some sense, I will average 26 in the city. An easy 32 on the highway. If I drive the speed limit and practice good, conservative driving techniques, I'll get 36mpg on the highway.

I'll know better when my Scan Gauge II is installed next week along with my race header. Probably get shitty mileage for a tank or two, then settle down. ;)

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
First few tanks were 24mpg's now I get between 28 and 30. There use to be a place by my joint that sold 102 OCT...not sure if it really was or not.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts