8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see people comparing their MPG and etc, how do i check this? i tried doing what the book said but it didnt seem to work. or maybe this isnt an LX feature?

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
That feature is only on the hybrids. Everyone else basically just keeps track of it on one of the odometers and then just divides that by how many gallons they had to fill up with on their next trip to the gas station. Just don't top off and you should be able to get a pretty accurate MPG.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
illmaticone said:
i see people comparing their MPG and etc, how do i check this? i tried doing what the book said but it didnt seem to work. or maybe this isnt an LX feature?
? what did the book say? theres no MPG computer in our cars. what you do is fill up your tank untill it clicks. reset the trip. then drive around. refill it again untill it clicks. then the second time you filled look at how much gas went in. then do miles in / gas.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
When you fill up reset your trip meter. The next time you fill up take your mileage on the odometer and divide by the number of gallons to fill it back up.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Total number of miles / gallons of gas you put in.

If I drove 300 miles with a full tank, went to the gas station to fill up, and 10 gallons were filled, that equals 30mpg.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
how y'all know exactly how many gallons y'all are putting cuz to me all i see are lots of squares that are the same number of gallons as square.s

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
KameraBoy said:
how y'all know exactly how many gallons y'all are putting cuz to me all i see are lots of squares that are the same number of gallons as square.s
You see what the gas pump at the gas station says you put into the car

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
e60.deluxe said:
? what did the book say? theres no MPG computer in our cars. what you do is fill up your tank untill it clicks. reset the trip. then drive around. refill it again untill it clicks. then the second time you filled look at how much gas went in. then do miles in / gas.
i could of sworn it was on the same page, where it tells you how to check you oil % which i still didn't get to work.

·
Registered
534 Posts
illmaticone said:
thanks for explaining how to check the mpg , now i can perfect my conservative shifting ;P
I shift at 4k RPM's most of the day and I still get 36mpg, if I tried shifting at 2.25-2.5k I'd get the EPA Estimate.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Nope... I did that for a full tank of gas and didn't get ****.

I've been getting around 370+ miles on a tank filling up around 11.3+ gallons now. And that's with occasional redlining and taking it up to 3-4K rpms.

Before with conservative driving I was getting 310-330. But that was with 4k-6k on the odometer and before I added pullies and a CAI.

Next time I'll try it again now that I've gotten these mods and broken in my engine a bit more than previously, but I really doubt I'll see any gain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts