8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so coronavirus hit my state pretty hard and i got quarantined. since i cant go anywhere, my car has been sitting for almost 3 weeks. when i started it today, the vsa, traction control, and check engine all came on. when i opened the hood, there was nothing was out of the ordinary, so i think it may be build up of the brake dust or something. i drove around for a little while to check for abnormal noises and there wasn't anything other than the brakes because it had been sitting (which had gone away after a couple times slowing down). i dont have an obd2 , and i cant go anywhere for a diagnostic because all of the small businesses near me are closed down for the time being. what else should i check for? any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
134 Posts
"there wasn't anything other than the brakes because it had been sitting (which had gone away after a couple times slowing down) "

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Likely low voltage. Charge it up and if needed remove batt negative cable and reattach to reset computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
"there wasn't anything other than the brakes because it had been sitting (which had gone away after a couple times slowing down) "

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
I'm sure he ment noise from rust development on the rotors from sitting.

Iv had that exact thing happen to me from an accidentally left unplugged crank sensor. However you really need to plug into it and get what the fault code is to get a proper direction. Otherwise your just taking random guesses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts