8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help me out with this problem here i have an 07 si and i just put an srs header on it and my check engine light is on is there nayway that i could get it off????? i mean i ordered an o2 sencer from o2simulator.com and it still doesnt help could anybody help me out there please also im n need of a hfp body kit in white so if anybody in jersey could help me out that would b great

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
First problem is that you bought an Ebay header...take the car to Autozone or something similar and they will scan the car.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
get an angled defouler for one. The code will probably be P0420. If it's not, then that's not the problem. After you install the angled defouler, disconnect the neg terminal on the battery for a couple minutes and then reconnect it. It will be gone.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
and whats a angled defouler
An angled defouler is a piece of piece screwed into the second O2 sensor bung. The reason that it is angled is because of clearance issues with some headers. Some headers, like the Vibrant race header, have trouble mounting a straight defouler because with the O2 sensor will often hit the heat shield, causing clearance problems.

This from ProStreet, one of our vendors, who sells straight defoulers:

On ODB-II vehicles (96+), the ECU has two O2 sensors for diagnostic purposes. The first O2 sensor is located before the Catalytic Converter. This O2 sensor is responsible for all the Air/Fuel tuning and is imperative to the operation of the vehicle.

The second O2 sensor is located after the Catalytic Converter. The whole purpose of this O2 sensor is to ensure that there is a functioning catalytic converter in the system. The way it can detect this is to make sure that there is a difference in exhaust gasses between the first O2 sensor and the second. If the same exhaust reading is detected, then the ECU knows that there is either a damaged Catalytic Converter or no Catalytic Converter at all.

The ECU will then trigger a Check-Engine Light. On some instances, the vehicle will be thrown into a "Null" mode where the vehicle will not go over a certain speed and will be basically rendered useless.

This mechanical O2 fix is basically a way to space out the O2 sensor so that it still reads SOME exhaust gasses but it removes the O2 sensor from the direct flow of the gasses as to make the ECU believe there is a restriction in the exhaust gasses such as by a Catalyst.

There is NO GUARANTEE that this product will work on your specific application (although we have tested it and it has worked on 8th gen civics). There are always mixed results depending upon the layout of the exhaust system and the tuning of the ECU, however, this mechanical O2 fix is well known for eliminating most CEL s caused by an O2 Sensor.

Picture of angled defouler installed on my race header:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An angled defouler is a piece of piece screwed into the second O2 sensor bung. The reason that it is angled is because of clearance issues with some headers. Some headers, like the Vibrant race header, have trouble mounting a straight defouler because with the O2 sensor will often hit the heat shield, causing clearance problems.

This from ProStreet, one of our vendors, who sells straight defoulers:

On ODB-II vehicles (96+), the ECU has two O2 sensors for diagnostic purposes. The first O2 sensor is located before the Catalytic Converter. This O2 sensor is responsible for all the Air/Fuel tuning and is imperative to the operation of the vehicle.

The second O2 sensor is located after the Catalytic Converter. The whole purpose of this O2 sensor is to ensure that there is a functioning catalytic converter in the system. The way it can detect this is to make sure that there is a difference in exhaust gasses between the first O2 sensor and the second. If the same exhaust reading is detected, then the ECU knows that there is either a damaged Catalytic Converter or no Catalytic Converter at all.

The ECU will then trigger a Check-Engine Light. On some instances, the vehicle will be thrown into a "Null" mode where the vehicle will not go over a certain speed and will be basically rendered useless.

This mechanical O2 fix is basically a way to space out the O2 sensor so that it still reads SOME exhaust gasses but it removes the O2 sensor from the direct flow of the gasses as to make the ECU believe there is a restriction in the exhaust gasses such as by a Catalyst.

There is NO GUARANTEE that this product will work on your specific application (although we have tested it and it has worked on 8th gen civics). There are always mixed results depending upon the layout of the exhaust system and the tuning of the ECU, however, this mechanical O2 fix is well known for eliminating most CEL s caused by an O2 Sensor.

Picture of angled defouler installed on my race header:

k and where could i get an angled defouler @:clapping:

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
thats for fuel pressure sensor low voltage
Where are you getting you dtc's b/c my list is missing some. I didn't have that one on mine. Thanks in advance.

If that's the code, it's not due to the lack of defouler, but something else.

You should check with sctuned for the defouler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts