8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have had my Check Engine Light on for about 4 days now and I went to autozone today to get it checked it since the do it for free. Well when they checked it it said the car was running rich. I have a K&N short ram air intake. I have included the receipt they gave me saying the problem and what could be wrong. Now my question for you guys is has this ever happened to any of you guys and what do you guys think is most likely the problem. I am kind of a noob at this stuff. So your help would be greatly appreciated. Also the car is a 2006 fg2 with almost 40,000miles.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
O 2 sensor is probably bad, it would make it run rich, does you ehaust tip have alot of carbon build up on it?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there's not anymore carbon build up then it normally has..another bit of info I also have a greddy evo 2 exhaust don't know if that makes a difference or not

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
the exhaust wouldnt matter since its at the end of everything. there are no sensors past the cat. i would guess o2 sensor.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
O 2 sensor is probably bad, it would make it run rich, does you ehaust tip have alot of carbon build up on it?
that's not really true unless there were codes pertaining to an O2 sensor. though i have seen sensor "age" in a Land Rover where they reacted a little too slowly but it was like 6 years old and had like 150k on it

the exhaust wouldnt matter since its at the end of everything. there are no sensors past the cat. i would guess o2 sensor.
there is one sensor before and one sensor after the cat.

and to the op, do you have any other info? does the car run/idle rough possibly? do you have a scanner with some live data?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i went side and played with my intake i disconnected the MAF sensor and a couple other sensors on the intake and reconnected which made the light go off so my guess is one of the connections to the intake came loose...Thanks for all your help guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts