8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I can't comment on the HIDs, but just remember the #1 rul of eBay Buy-It-Nows: You get what you pay for (and sometimes not even that).

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
^^ that is garbage. Those "get 20hp" or whatever ebay auctions are bs. They do nothing. There are tons of posts on forums about these scams.

·
Registered
518 Posts
dont buy hids off ebay
go to
www.superhids.com
they have a kit for 270 for the civic's bulbs
it also comes with a heavy duty wiring harness so you arent powering them with your stock wiring
(so worst care situation you fry the harness and remove hids and use your stock bulbs again) vs frying your stock wiring
This wont happen, but its good to have a harness...
I got a 6000k hid kit
works great
they are relabeled mccollah hids so they are name brand
just to let you know the auction you posted is just for the bulbs,
you need wiring, ballasts, and bulbs(and harness)
good luck

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i figured it was a scam, so I thought I'd pass it along lol

as far as the HID's go tho, the hid's on auction look like they're just bulb replacements. doesn't make sense because of all of the other **** you need to run hid's that is included in the kits like what you're talking about

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
twistedframe said:
you can disable the drl w/o disabling the high beams? i thought they run off the same bulb? also last question is there a hid kit that will work with the fog lamps?
H11 is the size for fog lamps.

There is a fuse for the DRL - highbeams will still work

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
ok i lied heres my last question. I hope i explain this right and if i don't i apologize. To my knowledge the drl & high beam use the same buld (9005). Also as far as i know that bulb is a dual filament bulb, if i just got a silverstar 9005 would that make the drl look like silverstar or would i still have to disable the drl. Thanks again for any info

·
Registered
78 Posts
DeezSi06 said:
it also comes with a heavy duty wiring harness so you arent powering them with your stock wiring
(so worst care situation you fry the harness and remove hids and use your stock bulbs again) vs frying your stock wiring

good luck
There is no need to use a heavy duty wiring harness. This will only make you perform more install work for nothing. A Plug and play kit, like McCulloch, only draws 35 Watts, while stock bulbs draw 55 Watts. Frying your stock wiring harness used to be a problem, but is now a myth. Older previous generation HID kits used to draw more power than 55 Watts, and these kits would fry stock harnesses. These older kits were also a lot brighter than the new kits out now. These newer HID kits are designed to work with stock harnesses without frying them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts