8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya, I just got off the phone with a local Honda dealership. I told them about Majestic Honda and their prices, and this dealership said they would order the part for me and sell it to me at the same price. So if any of you are looking to get Majestic Honda prices, minus the shipping, and their sketchy business, just call up the parts department at your local dealership. I overheard him saying 144, so I think authorized dealers get the front lip for 144 :thumb:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SoLegit said:
What dealer did you call? Metro-west is not down for deals on parts for some reason.
honda village bro. 617 965 8200. its in newton. the guy was like "can we sell a front under spoiler for 10 over??... ya ok we'll order the part for you bud"

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
I work in parts and this is how is look at it. I would rather sell a part at 10% over cost than not sell the part at all. However it does get annoying with everyone and their mother asking for discounts. If you ask me to price match that is fine, I do tend to get a little upset when people just come in off the street and say "Is that the best you can do?" No its not the best I can do, I could give it to you at cost, but how the hell am I suppose to make any money.

sorry /rant :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
twistedframe said:
I work in parts and this is how is look at it. I would rather sell a part at 10% over cost than not sell the part at all. However it does get annoying with everyone and their mother asking for discounts. If you ask me to price match that is fine, I do tend to get a little upset when people just come in off the street and say "Is that the best you can do?" No its not the best I can do, I could give it to you at cost, but how the hell am I suppose to make any money.

sorry /rant :biggrin:
PROOF!!! hahaha :thumb:. Call them up, tell em the part # and tell em the dealership called majestic honda is sellin them at 244, and give em the website.

btw, what does it cost for you guys?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Busta_Si said:
wait, is it 144 or 244? you have both prices.
its 244, but i overheard him say 144 on the phone, so i thought it might be a 100 dollar markup, but most likely not.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
lol..if you dont have a price to compare they will probobly try to sell it for 400...the dealer near me tried to sell me wiper blades for double the list price...they try to get as much as they can for anyhitng.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Yeah, I got my front lip from majestic:

Needless to say I would definitely NOT reccomend them. THey also don't advertise it but there will be a suprise email you'll get after you already order it off their site stating that you will need to pay like $60 more bucks for "oversized shipping"

Please for my sake go somewhere else than majestic!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts