8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would this void any type of warranty or something? first new car so i just wanna make sure before i change stock speakers and put some subs

·
Registered
142 Posts
It would likely void the warranty of the stock speakers. It depends on your dealer though. Would it void the radio warranty? Ask them upfront instead of guessing and then getting the shaft. They won't void powertrain warranty because of your speakers.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Changing the speakers is not going to damage your radio/CD player. So that shouldn't matter. I changed my two side doors and rear speakers and it sounded much better.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
The factory head unit is a POS anyway. You'll be happy if it goes and you get something decent. Unless you have Navi that is.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
sgtpruitt said:
The factory head unit is a POS anyway. You'll be happy if it goes and you get something decent. Unless you have Navi that is.
Thats why you use the AUX imput with an mp3 player that has EQ settings. Works in my car...

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
black07coupe said:
Thats why you use the AUX imput with an mp3 player that has EQ settings. Works in my car...
I noticed it sounded better when I tried that but I like controlling my ipod from my steering wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts