8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyways im gonna be doing his procedure in the near future for my r18 fg1 coupe i currently ahve a K&n SHort ram intake and ive seen the air filters taht allows slightly more air to the top not like the k&n where it has that black part so does anybody know how much more hp i should get maybe from a 5.7 to a 6hp maybe? well thats just my quess if anybody has any non dumb stupid comments please let me know.

I

·
0 Posts
I woudnt expect anywhere near 6HP. 1-2HP Maybe. And thats being generous. Deff. not 6.

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ImTheVoiceOfGod said:
I woudnt expect anywhere near 6HP. 1-2HP Maybe. And thats being generous. Deff. not 6.

THe stock K&n short ram already makes 5.71 im just getting a new filter i already ahve the short ram im thinking about changing the filter the new filter allows more air on the top then the typical k&n which blocks the black part if u know wut i mean.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
lightlypurified said:
THe stock K&n short ram already makes 5.71 im just getting a new filter i already ahve the short ram im thinking about changing the filter the new filter allows more air on the top then the typical k&n which blocks the black part if u know wut i mean.

No changing the Filter does nothing.. keep it K&N

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Keeping your filter clean instead of actually changing it will be your best bet, you probably won't see any gains with a new filter

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I read in a mazazie that a K&N cold air makes 9hp on a 2006 civic si...I looked on their website but I can't find the intake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts