8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Sedan Civic EX and The wattage is just terrible compared to the coupe EX model.

I was wondering if there would be a way to take the amp on a coupe model and input it into my unit? Or take the complete head unit of the coupe head unit and place it into mine?

I ask other shops and they just want to sell me a new touch screen unit for $$$. I like the way the stock looks. Just need more juice to be pumped. I know i will need to upgrade the speakers inside the car.

Thanks

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yabut you have two extra doors and a fold down cup holder thingy in the back, plus that heating duct under the seats as well! ;)

Anything is possible, I do recall reading that there was some differences between the coupe and sedan premium systems. There are definite differences between the EX/SI vs non-premium models in the coupe.

This old thread has pin-outs which will be of use to you should you wish to try it:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-e-electrical-security-navigation/165790-complete-stereo-wire-diagrams-all-stereos-navigation.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am in the middle of this conversion myself, I have an 06 hybrid and got the head unit, amp and front speakers from a 2007 Si. The "premium" head unit only has a pre amp. So 4 channels of signal to to the under (drivers) seat amp and it has 7 channel outputs. There is vbat and key on to both with a turn on signal to the amp. I plan to run rca to the amp in case I upgrade anything later. The tweeters are passive crossover on the base stereo so you'll need to split off wiring there. Let me know if this sounds like too much work or not, I will start Shari g my progress

1 - 4 of 4 Posts