8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought an 06 SI as was told that there were no diff's between the model years... just learned 06 doesnt have VSA? what else wasnt i told? (in CANADA)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
07 has a darker rims
07 has vsa
07 has a black metal on the rear outside rotors makes it seem bigger (just for looks)
07 has the red text in the dash, not red background like 06 and black text
07 rev limiter "reflash"

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is rev limiter reflash? also 06 si have no stability/traction control feature then..?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Royce said:
what is rev limiter reflash? also 06 si have no stability/traction control feature then..?

sorry i meant rev hang issue "reflash", they made the rev hang less. (you can get this at a honda dealer i believe for free, as an update)

rev hang video (you can see it in this video, the needle just hangs after you let off)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is the needle just hanging? or the actual rpms? sorry dont quite understand.. new to stick shift.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Royce said:
is the needle just hanging? or the actual rpms? sorry dont quite understand.. new to stick shift.

its both the needle and the actual rpm's, a few members here mentioned it was intended the (06 rev hang) for easier/smoother shifting, because while you shift the cars rpms stay (they hang for a little bit) while you depress the clutch shift and release the clutch, so by the time your done shifting you dont feel a "jolt" of not rev matching. im sure you've felt it by now if your new to stick shifts, when you dont match your rpms to the correct gears (you can easily see this when you down shift from say 5th gear to 3rd that "jolt" as a clearer example)

i hope that wasnt too confusing heh, im not the best explainer

happy :vtec: 'n

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
No VSA for the Canadian models at all. The floor mats also have "Si" on them. Mechanically they are the same. My 06 and my 07 are virtually twins. I can also add that it feels like the 07 drives smoother then my 06. The shifter and throttle operate better IMO.

·
Registered
404 Posts
also:
07- Si sewn into the front floor mats
07- VSA for coupes also (models sold to the US; I don't know about Canada?)

edit: sorry just read post above:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts