8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed my spark plugs for the 30K tune up, I went with the Bosch Uridium ones, I installed and work fine its just i have this wierd whistling noise fromt he area of the spark plugs like it is charging up, at first it sounded like it was going to explode. BTW its a 07 LX Sedan. But I was just wondering if this is normal or not. I tighten them the best I could which is 2 lbs. Also these spark plugs had a wierd tip, it wasn't like your normal Spark Plug.
Picture:
Bosch Spark Plugs - The Power Hitters

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well they had a special running for them, so I said why not.....its not like i was buying 8. Well I don't know if they were suppose to do that, but it has seem to stop now. As long as my car starts :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
oem spark plugs are best. don't buy into all that "super duper awesome spark plugs" marketing. i'd just put the original ones back in, since they're most likely still good for a long time to come.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
speaking of this, how come places such as autozone and advance auto parts have things on their countertops that recommends spark plug changes at 36k and change oil at 3k. seems really stupid to me. even the cheap copper spark plugs will last way longer than 36k miles.

·
Registered
94 Posts
speaking of this, how come places such as autozone and advance auto parts have things on their countertops that recommends spark plug changes at 36k and change oil at 3k. seems really stupid to me. even the cheap copper spark plugs will last way longer than 36k miles.
It might have something to do with the fact that they sell spark plugs and oil. I could be wrong though...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
yeah. thats what i think too. but is there any manufacturer that even recommends such short change intervals on spark plugs anymore?
probably not, unless maybe on high performance cars (ferrari, lamborghini, etc). the best thing to do for maintenance on our cars is to follow honda's recommendations, they engineered the car and they know what's best for it. hondas have always run best with oem spark plugs.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Are you saying the wires don't need to be replaced or there are no wires going to the spark plugs?

Edit: I see... there's an individual coil over each plug, I didn't know that. The plug wire is just a 12V supply. I was wondering how Honda got away with such small plug wires.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Well they had a special running for them, so I said why not.....its not like i was buying 8. Well I don't know if they were suppose to do that, but it has seem to stop now. As long as my car starts :)
your starter/ignition starts your car , and your spark plugs have more purpose than just starting your car, if you dont understand your engine and how it opperates, you prob should NOT touch it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.