8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*BEFORE*

*AFTER*

..its nighthawk black Si grill. They were selling like hotcakes on ebay..paid 70 bucks shipped. The guy I bought them from was kinda of jerk. He was like "I hope you have an Si, b/c if your buying this grill and u have an EX then your a sad poser"..which is true if your an EX owner and you try to do this, but to just assume like that, was pretty stupid. You can order them in any color, search E-bay, and you'll find em

:thumb:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think it looks like it has some fingerprints on it, but I honestly really like the idea, but only with Black, I can't see it looking too good with a Blue/Red one for example. Nice look for the car. :)

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
$70??? You got ripped. You could've done that with $20 and a few minutes of your time with automotive vinyl from InStyleGraphics.com. I'm not really liking it on the silver as much as I like it on either reds and GG. It feels like something is missing. Carbon hood maybe (I'm trying to make you spend some more money on that baby :rockwoot: :D )? But it could be just the pictures. Take some more and clean the fingerprints off. :)

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
954K20_SI said:
*BEFORE*

*AFTER*
to everyone hating - I think that looks pretty nice. Yes the other picture shows finger prints or whatever, but these two pictures look nice IMO. I think the black is a nice touch.

As far as price - he/she could have also just got a can of spray paint and painted his original if he/she realled wanted to. At least this way it's a honda factory part painted. Eh, to each their own.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the kind words...yeah i took those picture with a camera that picks up the slightest things..so the fingerprints got picked up. It really looks nice during the day, I'll be sure to take some day shots...and yes..to each his own.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
skittleslegend said:
$70??? You got ripped. You could've done that with $20 and a few minutes of your time with automotive vinyl from InStyleGraphics.com. I'm not really liking it on the silver as much as I like it on either reds and GG. It feels like something is missing. Carbon hood maybe (I'm trying to make you spend some more money on that baby :rockwoot: :D )? But it could be just the pictures. Take some more and clean the fingerprints off. :)

...id rather spend the extra bucks then to put stickers on my car, thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
so heres a question,
can u totally remove the grill and have just a hole in its place?
i thought grill was connected to bumper..

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

here's a daytime shot for all the naysayers...minus the finger prints ;)

·
Registered
805 Posts
You can tell when people touch your car witha nbp...

I like it... it stands out a little more and they should have gone with different colored grills... maybe... depending... or an option to change it....

But the Si badge stands out more so... good job!

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Hey man I think that's awesome you did that. Sets yours apart from everyone elses. Your Civic is gonna be the most modified on here as soon as you put the I&E on there. Keep up the good work. :thumb:

I was thinking about painting my grill to match the car.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
BlackSIguy said:
You can tell when people touch your car witha nbp...
That's why I didn't get the NBP. I was dead set on the NBP for my Si, until I saw a NBP Accord at the dealership. It had fingerprints all over it. At this stage of my life, I'm too anal for that. :( lol :)

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
DeezSi06 said:
so heres a question,
can u totally remove the grill and have just a hole in its place?
i thought grill was connected to bumper..
you could remove it. It seperates from the bumper with I believe 3 screws?

Anyway, if you left it out, you'd just have a void there. The "H" and the "SI" emblums would be gone.

·
Registered
805 Posts
skittleslegend said:
That's why I didn't get the NBP. I was dead set on the NBP for my Si, until I saw a NBP Accord at the dealership. It had fingerprints all over it. At this stage of my life, I'm too anal for that. :( lol :)

Yea... thats why I have a microfiber towel with me.... I need a lot of finger prints that arent mine and I just wipe em off.... but I know what you mean, but the black is still a hot color and I knew it was a color I would have to keep clean.....

a majority of the time in the last few weeks I've found finger/palm prints at the top of the door, like people were leaning and looking into my car to see what was inside..... at work..... lol

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
fps67 said:
so, other then the color, is the new grill any different then the old one? i can't tell from the pictures...
no, he just changed stock for stock. Just color is different.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts