8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been debating getting a carbon fiber hood for my car. I think i want to get one, so i have narrowed it down to two selections.
http://showstoppersusa.com/index.php?cPath=26_144_145&osCsid=317afaa1e415fd3c63e469027bb67b5e
I was looking at either the oem one or the mugen style one. I want to know everyone's opinions on these two hoods. Also since it doesn't show it on the car do you guys think that mugen style hood will look ricey on an 06 si b/c the hood is so short? Thanks for any opinions!

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
one of the SEMA Si's had the Mugen hood and I was set to buy it until I saw it on the car. I didn't like it for some reason. Lemme see if I can find the picture. I think the vents on it were really tiny looking or something.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I ordered the mugen, from the same site
I have a white si
Ill post pics when i get it and install it.
Good price from that site considering ebays are atleast 600
and prolly defective

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i wouldn't mind the carbon fibre trunk.. but its not that heavy (stock) for the price they are asking for. If it was under 150 bucks I would buy it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
635 Posts
wait and see what else comes out, but between those two i;d say oem

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
I've heard really really really bad things about Seibon's customer service. I'm trying to see what else is available. But if anyone gets it good luck with the product and product support.

Nice whip el_ben. I remember you saying you were going to get the CF hood and trunk and it looks really good on black.

·
Registered
518 Posts
el ben what screws did you use to install???
The stock ones or the ones that came with the cf hood that held the wood in place(for shipping)??
also did you have to remove any of the engine bays rubber stopers?
My hood wouldnt close till i took the left side one off..

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i use stock ones....
for the fitment... i dont remove nothing... just line it up (or try to...) whit patience you can make it... and mines, left side is a lil up... butyou can see it only if your about 5in+ closer...

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
How much lighter is the trunk and hood? how was the fitment? pretty close to stock? with little to no gaps or what? thanks :thumb: i dont dig that hood that much though kinda (rice) but i do like the carbon fiber oem style one but worried about gaps.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
hi the hood fits almost perfect... the trunk its a lil up than stock, just the same promeb as TOV @ SEMA, (ill post pics when i retun from work)...
and about the hood....
my dad gave me a loan for 300 dlls (lol) so i just ask him wich one does he preffer.... and they told me that the mugen one... so... it was his decission...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts