8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saved up enough for a 07' Civic Si Carbon Fiber wing. Anyone have any feedback from the product? Heres a link----http://autocityimports.com/2006-honda-civic-seibon-carbon-fiber-spoiler-style-classretailretail-s40000sdiv-p-7863.html

My ride is an 07' Fiji Blue Honda civic Si coupe. I already have a CF hood and many other mods. But mainly, i dident want to get one of those huge wings that scream "ricer!" but i wanted something that could be casual for everyday driving yet give me an edge. So i think this wing is perfect. It would look good with my Cf hood. So again, anyone have any suggestions what so ever??

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
717 Posts
Anything carbon fiber that is not the same color as the car screams "ricer!!!" to me.

How much does the stock spoiler weigh? 10 pounds?
Don't waste your money.

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ Im guessing so..... And Im not stupid, I mean it would look nice and match with the hood. Im trying to cut down weight by all means. My buddy painted all his CF parts, now when we go to meets in the city every sat/fri night, no one believes him when he says it Carbon Fiber. I can see how people think its ricer. Me personally, i get alotta respect at meets and i know when im pushing it to far (ricer wise). But i dont know, ever since I was little I liked the look of CF. Just gave the car some taste. Don't worry, im not some riceburner lol. But i got a huge raise at work, and i have this extra cash. Im not about to but some Universal Spoiler and have one of those HUGE fast and furious ricer wings. No way..... So I thought this would be a good choice. Even if the wing dosent come with the third brakelight i can get one installed at my body shop. I get employee discount plus 50% off bc of all my purchases there.

Thanks so far guys, anyone else?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
the edge that you are wanting with the spoiler is going to be the same as you taking a piss before a race. if you are getting it for appearance then i say go for it. but if you are just getting it for performance then i have to say you will be wasting you money. i like the look tho. i say go for it.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
i have it on my car. i got it used from a friend.

fitment is a 9.5/10 - because the middle support fo the spoiler needs a good mount of pressure to hold it down on the trunk. at first it seemed like alot of stress to get it to bend down and it might put spider cracks...but it didnt.
also, the bolt stuf that is used in the middle of the spoiler is a different size that stock, so you cannot use the OEM nut...i did and ****** up teh threads on the spoiler...needed to rethread them.

it does not come with the 3rd brake light...but it is easy to swap from teh OEM spoiler. you need to drill a hole for the wireing to pass through...but that is it

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
^ Im guessing so..... And Im not stupid, I mean it would look nice and match with the hood. Im trying to cut down weight by all means. My buddy painted all his CF parts, now when we go to meets in the city every sat/fri night, no one believes him when he says it Carbon Fiber. I can see how people think its ricer. Me personally, i get alotta respect at meets and i know when im pushing it to far (ricer wise). But i dont know, ever since I was little I liked the look of CF. Just gave the car some taste. Don't worry, im not some riceburner lol. But i got a huge raise at work, and i have this extra cash. Im not about to but some Universal Spoiler and have one of those HUGE fast and furious ricer wings. No way..... So I thought this would be a good choice. Even if the wing dosent come with the third brakelight i can get one installed at my body shop. I get employee discount plus 50% off bc of all my purchases there.

Thanks so far guys, anyone else?
So then why are you putting a spoiler on it? The spoiler doesn't do anything. It's just dead weight.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
So then why are you putting a spoiler on it? The spoiler doesn't do anything. It's just dead weight.
true. hope you like your 4th bar of rep. +1

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the edge that you are wanting with the spoiler is going to be the same as you taking a piss before a race. if you are getting it for appearance then i say go for it. but if you are just getting it for performance then i have to say you will be wasting you money. i like the look tho. i say go for it.
I like the look, thats mostly it. If I was looking for performance I'd get one of those huge spoilers in the fast and furious movies lol. Like 2 ft off the surface of the trunk lmao

I just submitted my order, i put rush on it, it'll be here in a few days im guessing............. I'll post pics up............

AND ILL POST THOSE PICS THAT EVERYONES WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!! ALL MY MODS, INSIDE AND OUT!!!!!!!! ILL POST THEM ALL IN A SEPRATE THREAD, DONT WORRY, U WONT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!!!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I like the look, thats mostly it. If I was looking for performance I'd get one of those huge spoilers in the fast and furious movies lol. Like 2 ft off the surface of the trunk lmao
Downforce on the rear wheels of a front wheel drive car? LOL. That won't net you ANYTHING but drag. :sadwavy:

·
Registered
9,758 Posts

I just submitted my order, i put rush on it, it'll be here in a few days im guessing............. I'll post pics up............

AND ILL POST THOSE PICS THAT EVERYONES WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!! ALL MY MODS, INSIDE AND OUT!!!!!!!! ILL POST THEM ALL IN A SEPRATE THREAD, DONT WORRY, U WONT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!!!
in fot the pics.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Downforce on the rear wheels of a front wheel drive car? LOL. That won't net you ANYTHING but drag. :sadwavy:
It's not that a big wing would be bad on a FWD track car. It's that without a front splitter that creates an equal amount of downforce, you end up shifting the weight balance towards the back (at very high speeds).

·
Registered
128 Posts
I personally hate the look of carbon fiber. Weight savings are great, no doubt, but here is my question: do you actually need them? 1.) Do you actually race (burning out from a red light doesn't count). 2.) Do you think that the 5 pounds of the wing will make you win a race? 3.) Better take the 300 bucks and go to a driving school for a weekend, that'll be money well spent. Plus, I never understood the guys who think they're so hardcore because they have carbon fiber. If you were that hard core, you would paint it so that you car didn't look like it got pulled out of a junk yard with mismatching panels. Painted CF is hardcore because you don't slap it in people's faces, but you do indeed save on weight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts