8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a centercap from a company (I will not say the name due to legal situations) they charged my credit card one amount. I was fine with it since I always do express shipping. Then hours later, I see another charge, appearently they decided to hit my card a second time without authorization. They say because shipping on the item (weighs less then 1lbs.) was higher then expected. What can I do about this? Should I get my lawyer involved or just put them on the spot?

Amount I agreed on.
Items Ordered
Part # Description Quantity Price ea. Total
HELOReplacementcap Center Cap for a Helo Spec Style HE792 Wheel
1 $24.88 $24.88
Shipping: $35.00
tax: $4.79
Total: $64.67

Amount I was hit for.
Items Ordered
Part # Description Quantity Price ea. Total
HELOReplacementcap Center Cap for a Helo Spec Style HE792 Wheel
1 $24.88 $24.88
Shipping: $43.84
tax: $5.50
Total: $74.22

·
Registered
897 Posts
LikWidv1 said:
So I ordered a centercap from a company (I will not say the name due to legal situations) they charged my credit card one amount. I was fine with it since I always do express shipping. Then hours later, I see another charge, appearently they decided to hit my card a second time without authorization. They say because shipping on the item (weighs less then 1lbs.) was higher then expected. What can I do about this? Should I get my lawyer involved or just put them on the spot?
Don't take this the wrong way...but it's a centercap and you're thinking about getting a lawyer involved?

Seriously...I agree with you...if you are quoted a price and that's what was charged...done deal they should eat the rest if they don't know how to quote things.

If they won't work it out with you...put a dispute charge against the second charge by way of your credit card company (call your credit card company and say you did not authorize this charge...the first one yes the second no)...let THEM fight it out. Then you aren't out lawyer fees and the card company will make THEM explain why they charged an unauthorized charge. Most likely that will become a chargeback against the vendor and you'll be credited the amount and they will in fact eat it in the end.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would hit them up for it but I need the cap look.

After putting my HID's in last night, appearently I didn't tighten the cap tright enough, and it went :sadwavy:

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Another thing to be aware of. Someone can authorize your card any number of times, but it's the charge that actually posts to your account that makes the difference. Chances are that in a couple days, you will only see one charge that actually posts. The other will disappear within a week.

I suggest holding out until then.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xtant21 said:
Don't take this the wrong way...but it's a centercap and you're thinking about getting a lawyer involved?

Seriously...I agree with you...if you are quoted a price and that's what was charged...done deal they should eat the rest if they don't know how to quote things.

If they won't work it out with you...put a dispute charge against the second charge by way of your credit card company (call your credit card company and say you did not authorize this charge...the first one yes the second no)...let THEM fight it out. Then you aren't out lawyer fees and the card company will make THEM explain why they charged an unauthorized charge. Most likely that will become a chargeback against the vendor and you'll be credited the amount and they will in fact eat it in the end.

Getting a lawyer isn't at serious as it seems. I won't be charged court costs. I have lawyers on pay through my company, the company decuts so much on my paychecks at the lawyers are at my disposal. So, it wouldn't be as big of a paint in the ass as with people who pay their lawyer by case.

Secondly I think that's what I'll do is call the CC company and let them handle it.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jasonandre said:
Another thing to be aware of. Someone can authorize your card any number of times, but it's the charge that actually posts to your account that makes the difference. Chances are that in a couple days, you will only see one charge that actually posts. The other will disappear within a week.

I suggest holding out until then.

Both are in my account, I called them up and they verified that they did indeed hit me up a second time without authorization. Said that the $35 I was hit for at first, was an estimate...You don't give estimates when hitting someone card if you're a big company, you should know what you're doing instead of hitting someones account twice.

·
Registered
897 Posts
LikWidv1 said:
Getting a lawyer isn't at serious as it seems. I won't be charged court costs. I have lawyers on pay through my company, the company decuts so much on my paychecks at the lawyers are at my disposal. So, it wouldn't be as big of a paint in the ass as with people who pay their lawyer by case.

Secondly I think that's what I'll do is call the CC company and let them handle it.
That's really your best bet...the CC usually will put a good fight for you if you in fact did not authorize the extra charge. You actually have a lot of backing from your CC company. They stand up for you...I've had to do this a few times in the past...vendor wouldn't budge and they took care of it for me. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts