8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to upgrade to DC5R brakes, along with s2000 rotors. After searching through multiple threads, I have found the image below of an s2000 rotor and its dimensions. As we all know, our cars stock have a 64.1mm center bore. I believe this image shows that the center bore of the s2000 however, is 70.1mm.

My question is, if I am right about the s2000 rotors having a 70.1mm center bore, then I would need 70.1mm hubcentric spacers, correct? Or would I get 64.1mm hubcentric spacers? (I plan to purchase 25mm Ichiba spacers. I am confused as these spacers have a 64.1mm center bore.) Please advise.

s2000 Rotor

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
the hole size on the rotor is bigger than our bore size so it fits. you dont have to worry about the hole size of the rotor itself. just the bore on your hub.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the hole size on the rotor is bigger than our bore size so it fits. you dont have to worry about the hole size of the rotor itself. just the bore on your hub.
Ahhh!, so 64.1mm spacers will work just fine then since it matches our hub. Got it. Now, will I need a hubcentric ring with this?

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
I wouldn't think a rotor whose center bore is 6mm larger than the hub ring is safe to run. I know there are set screws and the studs but the rotor stays centered on the hub ring not the studs or set screws. How are they being run properly? I'm curious.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking to upgrade to DC5R brakes, along with s2000 rotors. After searching through multiple threads, I have found the image below of an s2000 rotor and its dimensions. As we all know, our cars stock have a 64.1mm center bore. I believe this image shows that the center bore of the s2000 however, is 70.1mm.

My question is, if I am right about the s2000 rotors having a 70.1mm center bore, then I would need 70.1mm hubcentric spacers, correct? Or would I get 64.1mm hubcentric spacers? (I plan to purchase 25mm Ichiba spacers. I am confused as these spacers have a 64.1mm center bore.) Please advise.

s2000 Rotor

How much clearance that we need if using dc5r caliper ?are center hub civic si same with s2000?? What I means is the thickness of hubcentric

·
Registered
4 Posts
In this picture hubcentric was 38mm with spacer 7mm.. there are some people said this is not s2000 rotor.. now im confused its s2000 rotor or not.. because they said if we want use dc5r caliper just PNP with s2000 rotor but mine was not.. i had change the knuckle because of the the hubcentric wasn't same at all.. stock civic was 25mm thickness but this rotor is 38mm thickness
received_2617480621851357.jpeg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts