8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
873 Posts
Yes thank you for keeping the "ricer" actions away :D

No slam, dump or tuck. Those looks are just ridiculous and get laughed by everyone

·
Registered
11,635 Posts

No slam, dump or tuck. Those looks are just ridiculous and get laughed by everyone
thiiiiiiiiiiis guy :pat:

i think an si spoiler on an ex is more rice then lowering a car, tucking looks great, 4x4ing looks like *****

jus my opinion

OP car looks good, but i like a lil tire tucking more then dodge ram status

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4x4 looks bad, slamming looks bad. just keep it in that happy medium between the two and you cant go wrong :thumb:
That's the idea. I do agree it needs a touch of a drop but I don't need anything silly.

My old EM1 was pretty low and it was more of a pain in the ass then anything...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love that lip. Where did you buy it?
Got it from the local Honda dealer but still paid a few bucks less than it goes for online due to a friends discount (and I didn't have to pay shipping)

I really like it. My wife was like "You paid over $200 and I have no idea what the difference is"

Oh well. lol

·
Registered
915 Posts
hey focus. didnt know you were on this forum too.
im on jdmcity as well
And dont worry this forum is a lot better. it also doesnt have a flood of n00bz. and people that talk ish for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got it from the local Honda dealer but still paid a few bucks less than it goes for online due to a friends discount (and I didn't have to pay shipping)

I really like it. My wife was like "You paid over $200 and I have no idea what the difference is"

Oh well. lol

Im from Argetina Lol. I'll try to buy it on ebay.

thx!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
That will never happen.

It's going to get HFP suspension and that's it. Not really a "slammed" kinda guy.
Finally, someone that knows what they're doing. Stick with it! :thumb:

thiiiiiiiiiiis guy :pat:

i think an si spoiler on an ex is more rice then lowering a car, tucking looks great, 4x4ing looks like *****

jus my opinion

OP car looks good, but i like a lil tire tucking more then dodge ram status
I am so glad OP isn't slamming the car. He is doing a great job so far with both function and form.

Do you know why people first started "slammin" their cars? Because they saw race cars and how low to the ground they were, and wanted to be like them. The school of thought was that lower was better, by the less educated crowd.

But people who know what they are talking about, time and again have proven this to be wrong, which is why everyone now says "slammed" is for LOOKs.

I'm sorry but unless you LIKE the LOOK of scrapes under every bottom edge of your car, slammed looks pretty dumb to me.

HFP is the way to go on a budget and is probably the best bang for the buck. I like the OP's RPF1's too. Keep up the good work OP!

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
yeah, lower does not equal better. Think of it this way: Have you ever parked next to an R18 civic or even just seen one driving down the road? They're lower than the Si stock vs. stock. But which one has the better handling characteristics? Just some food for thought.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts