8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so im at the stealership right now, and they are saying that my evo2 exhaust is causing my cel. if thats the case am i doomed to constantly having the cel??? how can i get it to stay off if i have an aftermarket exhaust that is designed for my car???? i have a aem sri as well but the code im throwing says im running too rich, but i havent noticed a drop in fuel economy.

*help would be greatly appreciated right now* +rep for those who can!

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
you can not have a cel from your exhaust. the last sensor is forward of the exhaust. that is rediculous. the last o2 sensor is at the cat. your exhaust is after the cat. tell them to kiss your ass and fix it.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
you can not have a cel from your exhaust. the last sensor is forward of the exhaust. that is rediculous. the last o2 sensor is at the cat. your exhaust is after the cat. tell them to kiss your ass and fix it.
:thumb: I have had an evo2 on my car for about a year and no CEL from it. The only CEL i've gotten is from a replacement cat i got off a turbo'd si. Could be the intake or maybe the MAF sensor isn't connected right.

Reactions: "Ridge"Racer

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
yeah so i am averaging about 31.75 mpg on the highway, ( i drove home from florida yesterday so i ran the whole tank out. it is a 12gallon tank right???
i think its like 13.0 ish. gimme a minute.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
13.2 gallons

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
well with more air means more gas. maybe its getting too much gas. i dont have a clue. it was just an idea

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
put your intake back to stock. see if that solves you CEL. it cannot be your exhaust causing this. you could have no exhaust after your cat and the ECU wouldnt know any different.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
um, yeah, i kinda threw that away:eek:hnoes:
me too. well i have the old parts but i dont know if i have everything. your fine with the intake too. dont take **** from the dealership.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i seriously doubt you went thru all 13.2 gallons. you woulda run outta gas. i have gone 20 miles with no gas bars before. i would say you were somewhere in the 12.5 range at worst.
your correct, but i was averaging about 16 miles per bar on the gas indicator and had three bars left and i figured that after i was at 340 miles.

your pretty good!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts