8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was a rainy day here in quebec i took my car for a short ride and sudendly cel is on. i have a cai on it. i check my sensor and they got humidity on it :S anything i can do to stop this thing happens??? sorry for my english i am a french canadian.

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
make sure it is sealed to the Cai right and make sure water isn't getting ijn through the air filter..
Also was the filter pre oiled? it could have 2 much oil on it and the oil is deposting on the sensor

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got a aem filter i cant put oil on it they said!! and i have check the sensor this is water i have dry them and reset the cel. after i wasnt come back rain have stop outside

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
biafra said:
i got a aem filter i cant put oil on it they said!! and i have check the sensor this is water i have dry them and reset the cel. after i wasnt come back rain have stop outside
make sure the O-ring on the sensor isn't damaged and allowing water to come in...also is the cai a new AEM or did you get it used if so it might be one that is no good and causes check engine lights to come on...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the brand new in the box 1 month ago i gonna check this the o-ring and this happened only after i have cut the inner fender like they said on the install sheet. b4 this i never have a trouble with it should i buy a new one ?

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
The MAF is in the right way.

You should swing by Canadian Tire and pick up something called "electrical contact cleaner." Remove the mass airflow sensor (carefully) and spray it all over the mass airflow sensor to clean it. In the mean time, disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for about 15 minutes to clear the ECU, which will also clear the CEL. Put the negative terminal back on and just let the car idle for 15-20 minutes prior to driving it. Just beware you'll need your radio code (which I'm sure you're familiar with since you installed the CAI). Or, you can do it the real technical way and do the idle learn pattern (name may not be entirely correct).

Like others have mentioned, water got on the MAF.

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Yodums said:
The MAF is in the right way.

You should swing by Canadian Tire and pick up something called "electrical contact cleaner." Remove the mass airflow sensor (carefully) and spray it all over the mass airflow sensor to clean it. In the mean time, disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for about 15 minutes to clear the ECU, which will also clear the CEL. Put the negative terminal back on and just let the car idle for 15-20 minutes prior to driving it. Just beware you'll need your radio code (which I'm sure you're familiar with since you installed the CAI). Or, you can do it the real technical way and do the idle learn pattern (name may not be entirely correct).

Like others have mentioned, water got on the MAF.
I thought you needed a scan tool to clear codes...:confused: OBD II stores the code in memory on the memory chip and it can't be cleared unless cleared by a scantool...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts