8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, A few months ago I throw a CEL, car was running fine for a day or so but then all of a sudden it wouldnt let me go past 3000 rpm. I take it into the dealership and get the code ran,....Faulty MAP. I replace the MAP and everythings fine for about 160 miles.

The CEL comes on but I reset my ECU and it gos away for about the same milage. Ive now come to the point of DE-MODDING! So far ive taken off my Intake Manifold ceramic washers from king motorsports. Ive removed the TB gaskets and P2R spacer. I replaced my AEM CAI with an Injen CAI,...and nothing!!! CEL pops up.

Im going to Autozone and having the code ran in a few. Hopefully its going to be a faulty O2,..because if its a bad MAP I have no idea whats frying this crap sensor!!

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got the code ran P0420 Freaking O2 sensor bank 1. Same problem alot of people on here have been having! Im assuming it was the AEM CAI, but Injen CAI have been known to throw the same code. Im hoping this was the reason the MAP kept frying a month ago.

I just got a defouler and am going to install today. I have a randomtech cat but its been on the car for 6 months now! Maybe it just got broken in or something. Either way the O2's are acting up.

And the ceramic washers require you to use extended manifold studs. There just another way to prevent heat transfer. I did them with my Hondata IMG.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TeamValorRacing said:
^WRONG! p0420 is from the cat being in efficient. Bank1 is for v motors where the sensor is on the same manifold as cyl1. p0420 refers to the cat flowing too much for the secondary o2 or saying the cat is not doing its job. the secondary o2 is the one that monitors that for us.
read my thread, i've already gone through this BS->http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59312
:thumb:

awesome, thanks man. Sucks that were all going through this crap. Freaking sensors are sensitive as **** these days. So you think if I use the defouler the P0420 will go away?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
^yup, read my last post, that was what finally cured mine.
btw, go to discount auto parts, but the spark plug- nonfoulers(they come in a 2 pack by a company called "Help!") drill out the small hole large enough for your o2 pickup to partially stick out, then install the new setup in the oem spot. i cant remember the thread size though for the nonfoulers????.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw a thread awhile ago and I bought the spark plug non-foulers before I bought my randomtech cat. I thought I was going to need em,....but I ran the cat for over 6 months with no probs. I guess it loks like I need em. Im gonna go drill em out now,...thanks man. :wavey:

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
TeamValorRacing said:
here you go buddy!
http://www.k-series.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8833
REMEMBER, dont stack them though. since we have resonator/other cats, we only use the bored out one like i stated in my thread.
Why would you not stack them? The people running the DCRH are using the non-foulers stacked. I using the non-foulers but I made my own 90 degree angled 02 simulator.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
02civicsi said:
Why would you not stack them? The people running the DCRH are using the non-foulers stacked. I using the non-foulers but I made my own 90 degree angled 02 simulator.
because the dcrh and test pipes are open wall-to-wall pipes. the high flow cat and my resonator are not open wal-to-wall. they have louvers and air deflectors. so if you use them stacked, the o2 gets no exhaust at all and will trigger a "o2sensor bank1 sens2. signal stuck in lean position".

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I'm running a BCRH so I had to use an angled design because the straight design is not feasible. Funny thing is that when I had the BC Pro Spec catback on my FA5 it would throw a CEL about once a month but ever since I put the OEM exhaust on zero CEL's.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the non-fouler is in. I can tell from my A/F gauge that its acting a lil deferently. There is more lag now due to the O2 not getting blasted! Lets hope this works and doesnt throw a code!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts