8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im driving home the other night and out of nowhere my CEL comes on... The only mod ive done is the Injen CAI. So i get home and take it to the dealership the next morning and the first thing the service adviser says is, what kind of engine modifications have you done. I was like, i know hes going to try and blame it on the intake... So i say, just the cai, and he says well if it has anything to do with that, its not going to be covered under warranty.

So they call me about an hour later and tell me the MAF sensor went bad and they ordered me a new one under warranty. Guess i got lucky, i thought for sure they were going to blame it on that. Anyhow, they said it should be in today, so ill swing up tomorrow.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
dude its prolly your cai LOTS OF PEOPLE B*tching about AEM CAI throwing CEL ( thats what i have on my car) heres my theory the CEL turns on becuase of the person who install the intake theres prolly a small air leak what i mean by that is maybe one of the clamps isnt tight enough and when your intake sucks air its coming of that part and your sensor is detecting it so its just prolly a lil mistake whoever install your intake LOTS OF POEPLE I MEAN LOTS OF PEOPLE SAYING AEM CAI THROWS CEL BUT WHY i havent got any CEL huh? good question make when you install your intake or have someone install it they know what their doing ROFL thanks to fusion works racing for installing mine thnx RAY i will probably get flame with this post lol

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
7002iSciviC said:
dude its prolly your cai LOTS OF PEOPLE B*tching about AEM CAI throwing CEL ( thats what i have on my car) heres my theory the CEL turns on becuase of the person who install the intake theres prolly a small air leak what i mean by that is maybe one of the clamps isnt tight enough and when your intake sucks air its coming of that part and your sensor is detecting it so its just prolly a lil mistake whoever install your intake LOTS OF POEPLE I MEAN LOTS OF PEOPLE SAYING AEM CAI THROWS CEL BUT WHY i havent got any CEL huh? good question make when you install your intake or have someone install it they know what their doing ROFL thanks to fusion works racing for installing mine thnx RAY i will probably get flame with this post lol

my theory on the cel is very similiar to yours. the only thing about the cel for the injen is that the filter is oiled. i have had my aem cai since april of 06 and never had a problem. aem has a dry flo filter. its either like he said a little leak or the oiled filter.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it replaced today... Ive had the intake on for almost 8k miles without ever having a problem, but ill go back and double check the clamps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts