8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that the cd player in my 07 Si died. For a while it would often skip or freeze on cd's that I knew were not damaged, but I figured it was just more sensitive to errors then my cd drive at home. However, the cd player started complaining about whole cd's being bad (disc error), and now whenever I insert any CD it just spits it right back out. Has anyone else have this happen to them?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Happens to me quite a bit, but only on my cheap media. I have a feeling this stems from heat in the car -- as it only started doing it once I parked out of the shade and it went into summer...

But again, I've only tried this on really cheap media. The player would make odd noises (like it was trying and failing to mount the disc on the spindle) and spit it back out. After a few tries, it seems to catch and work fine...

·
Registered
270 Posts
My CD Player totally busted, it wont even upload the cd's... :( I called the dealership and they are willing to fix it under the warranty so thats cool!

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Thats odd i think my cd player is also having issues too,seems like it could be the hot sun but it didnt want to play my cd the other day..very weird...strange if it keeps doing that ill have to take it in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have the exact same problem with my 07 Si 4 door. I totally agree that it is somehow heat related because when my car is cold, CD player works fine. I have not had time to take it in for a fix yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts