8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Personally I do not like to buy $20 albums to listen toTWO songs I like. So I burn my own cds. Well the cd player in the SI does play burnt cd's as long as there are CD-R and not CD-RW. Yesterday I put in a BRAND NEW burnt cd and the cd player makes this noise.. it sounds like its scratching the bottom of the cd, so I take the cd out and try another one both new, same thing happens. The next day I try the same cd, and it works no noise nothing. This happens everyday the cd will work sometimes then other times it will sound like its scratching and say "BAD DISK". I took the car to Honda for the problem and they told me "the cd player is not ment to play burnt disk, and they could void my warranty for the problem" can anyone help me?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
The CD player is designed to play MP3s and WMAs. I don't know how you could have a disk of those without burning them. This answer from the dealer is ridiculous. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you accept to take it back to the dealer and be persistant. If they won't help you maybe try another dealer. Be calm but firm. I don't think they can void your warranty because you played burnt disks.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Zeuceone said:
void your warranty on what the hole car or cd player.?
He said void the warranty for the problem, so I assume just for the CD player. But they shouldn't even be able to do that.

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
Hondacivicsi23 said:
ok i think i heard about this problem a while ago... (like 1 1/2 years).... when did u get ur civic???

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
mine does that sometimes with non-burned cds.

ask them how to make a mp3 cd without burning it and why the cd player says mp3 on it.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anavrin351 said:

ask them how to make a mp3 cd without burning it and why the cd player says mp3 on it.
lol, good idea. I seriously try that when I go back to the dealer next week.

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
Hondacivicsi23 said:
Dec. 2006
ohh... b/c some people had this problem back when these cars first came out... but i haven't heard anything since then so i guessed they fixed it...

·
Registered
97 Posts
No the problem has not been fixed i guess since mine does it too. Its weird though that yours and mine where both bought in Dec. 06. I took mine in last month and they could not get it to replicate the problem so they sent me on my way. Well, its going back wednesday morning because its a daily accurance now with any random disk that i own, burnt or not. I have even tried cleaning the cd lens but no help. Mine will even be playing a cd then eject it in the middle of a song and give the bad disk code.

·
Registered
956 Posts
anavrin351 said:

OOOHHHH!! That would serve the dealer a "Duh" moment. It says mp3 disc compatibly, so mp3 disc work fine in mine. I don't see how burnt discs make that problem unless there is a problem with the disc.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
they replaced Mine doing this, it makes that scratching noise but still plays CD's..

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
mine players burned cds fine,your dealer is on crack voiding a warranty for not playing burned CDs'?! thats such bogus bull**** on the dealers part. They cant void your warranty for that,your dealer is lying to you.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hondacivicsi23 said:
I took the car to Honda for the problem and they told me "the cd player is not ment to play burnt disk, and they could void my warranty for the problem" can anyone help me?

That's prob. for CD's w/a paper label. On some of players it says not to use paper label cds. However I use them and haven't had a problem.

Are they coming out scratched?
Do they play in another cd player?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I took mine in the other day and they finally have ordered me a new stereo. I told them I didnt spend $23,000 on a car to not have the cd player work in it half the time.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
lol

my cd player stopped working.... im at 38k miles

will my extended warranty help ???

or is the extended only for the powertrain ?

it says bad disk...and makes scratching noises :(

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Doh, my stupid CD player is getting worse and worse too. Sigh, guess I have to live with it. The most annoying thing is that it's scratching my CDs, old and new.

Did anybody try CD cleaner?

·
Registered
214 Posts
a scratching noise is NOT normal... you should take it in as soon as you get any issues, usually they gotta order a new radio or send yours in

1 - 20 of 22 Posts