8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

CD Player Issues

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  menaknow 
#1 ·
Over the last few days I noticed that, after 20-25 minutes, my CD player would stop and then start again. Basically, I start to get annoying pauses in the music. This is odd and I may need to take the car in to get the CD player replaced - which I'm assuming is under warranty. Anybody else run into this problem?

This sucks since I never would have thought of the CD player going bonkers on me :banghead: :banghead:

#2 ·
just a question - are you playing burned cdr disks, or are you using the "real cd"? I've read on other forums that people have had issues with certain brands of burnt cdr disks. I guess this could be an issue? If you are using cdr disks - what brand?

#6 ·
I made an appointment for tomorrow so we'll see what happens. This is one of those situations that they have to "test" the player to see if it will pause before they order the part. I just hope it does so I don't have to keep taking the car back in again.

It's sort of odd, really. You would think that the player would skip/pause when it's cold, but it only happens about 15-20 minutes after the car has been running. It's almost as if the CD gets too warm and the laser, which may be misaligned, can't read it properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.