8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is a really stupid question to ask but is it possible to fit twin exhausts on a regular 06 civic? i dont really understand all the technical backpressure and stuff so if yall could give me a lesson that will be great =D. also if it is possible which brand and which system do you pros reccomend? :biggrin:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just to clarify i mean like one exhaust tip seperate from the other, not like the twin but next to each other type =P

·
Registered
281 Posts
say single tip/single outlet on one side. 4bangers dont need a dual set-up, unless its a show car. there is really no performance gain to it. same with twin tip. just a looks kinda thing with exact gains as single.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
not enough room under teh car to tuck it up...the gas tank is under the drivers side trunk. more effort than it would be worth since as he^ said...there will be no gain.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Why you want all that extra weight with a twin setup especillay if the performance gains aren't noticeable

·
Registered
221 Posts
Duce2k said:
Why you want all that extra weight with a twin setup especillay if the performance gains aren't noticeable
it's not that "the performance gains aren't noticeable" it's that there are no gains.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ what he said =D

im asking all this because i always liked the looks of a duel setup and looks like its been done with a 8th gen civic after seeing it on some bodykit site.

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
your only options at this point are getting a custom job done at a local muffler shop.

with the money you'll spend getting that done, you're far better off just getting an actual catback exhaust system designed for giving the car gains rather than just looks.. not everybody is going to like what you get done though, but do what makes you happy, not what everyone else thinks.

personally, I'm still one to choose performance over looks if you can't have both..

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
S2K and SRT4 owners are switching to one to save weight and you're wanting to do the opposite. Ironic I guess.
Like others said. It has no point other than to look different and would be hard to pull off. Plus, how would you have it come out of the bumper on that side? If you were going for a dual tip muffler, that would be doable. Kinda like the ep.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts