8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically my question is.....If I put a cat-less race header on my FG and I took it to my Honda dealership for service, would they be able to hold my car there by law until I have a cat installed or factory exhaust manifold put back in??

By the way, I live in Arizona. The reason I ask this is because I have heard that if you go in for service and if the shop observes there is no cat on a vehicle, the shop/dealer can be held liable for letting the customer drive away knowing that it is not emissions compliant. I don't know maybe I am just paranoid :xyxnervou Any help/suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
dualdiagnosis said:
Basically my question is.....If I put a cat-less race header on my FG and I took it to my Honda dealership for service, would they be able to hold my car there by law until I have a cat installed or factory exhaust manifold put back in??

By the way, I live in Arizona. The reason I ask this is because I have heard that if you go in for service and if the shop observes there is no cat on a vehicle, the shop/dealer can be held liable for letting the customer drive away knowing that it is not emissions compliant. I don't know maybe I am just paranoid :xyxnervou Any help/suggestions would be great.
I live in California (which has very strict emissions laws) I have never heard of a dealership doing anything that drastic. They might make a note of it in there system, but i dont think they will hold your car. As long as they are getting there money, i dont think they will care.

How can a dealership be held responsible for what you do with your car? Thats like a gun shop selling somebody a gun then being blamed because they shot somebody with it.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kinda understand what your saying. As a bartender, if I serve somebody too many drinks and they kill someone, there is a liablility issue involved. I just would like to hear experiences/opinions from other people with headers. Like I said, I am probably just paranoid. Thanks though.:wavey:

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
dualdiagnosis said:
I kinda understand what your saying. As a bartender, if I serve somebody too many drinks and they kill someone, there is a liablility issue involved. I just would like to hear experiences/opinions from other people with headers. Like I said, I am probably just paranoid. Thanks though.:wavey:
No problem man, good luck :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts