8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
specifically the greddy evo 2... does it drown out the engine/intake, or is the sound still balanced?

·
faptasic... pew pew pew
58,558 Posts
ryryninja said:
It shouldn't, but I had my skunk2 exhaust before installing an intake and it drowned out the engine noise
lawlz thats cause you have the 70mm. i had the evoII installed before i got my intake, that was a while ago tho, it was used but fairly new and you would hear the intake over the exhaust a bit more. but now after another 8k or so and installing a sri i could hear a more balance between the two since the exhaust has gotten deeper over time/miles.

bluerocket might be a good person to ask. i know he has the sp2 and a hollowed out stock intake box...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Yea i have a SRI and the intake is extremely louder than the exhaust when your reving up. But at idle and lower speeds you can definitely hear the exhaust more, and of course with the windows down.

·
Banned
710 Posts
go watch some videos on youtube, search// Skunk2 Exhaust// or -- air intake

something like that. They have a bunch of videos with the honda civic si, but i dont think ur interested in that considering you got a SRI. But w/e, its just a suggestion

·
Banned
710 Posts
btw, i got my skunk2 exhaust before my intake, it sounded fine to me

but once i got that intake upgrade, jeez, the car just sounds amazing. Just get one and then save up for the other. The intake sounds louder than the exhaust but again, it sounds like the same noise, so no one notices

·
Registered
319 Posts
if i was you i would go with the exhaust AND and intake. you should get both to get the optimum performance. i have a skunk2 and k&N sri. im am happy with both. many will argue that the sri is not as good the stock but there are a bunch of threads on that. from this site i have heard nothing but good things about xintake. good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts