8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know what's the best manifold between cast iron or stanless steel. Cast iron looks like cheap if you look at the full race manifold. So tell me if I'm doing a good choice if a buy a cast iron manifold.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Cast Iron log manifolds are the cheap/restrictive manifolds, tubular mani's are what you will need to acheive your power goal of 400.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
water to air eat exchangers are the most efficent, but 99% of us are using regular intercoolers. Aftercoolers is the cool catch phrase for the SC peeps, technically our intercoolers are really aftercoolers but in the turbo world we all call them intercoolers.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I thought he was calling the full race manifold a cheap cast iron manifold, was about to say wth.

Go with a nice manifold like full race.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Water to air are smaller than big FMIC and less pipings. I will maybe go with watercooler

Sorry for my english writing, I live in Quebec :p

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
But if it's more good, why not
more expensive and more complicated..

and unless ur running a ton of boost i dont THINK it yields very aggressive gains.

someone correct me if im wrong.

the way SSA does it helps the response and spool alot because it is literally turbo to waterintercooler to intake manifold in a pretty straight fashion.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
thats why it has its own mini radiator, to cool it down. water is more efficent at removing heat. you can't even buy an aircooled car anymore(old veedubs and porsches)

·
Registered
892 Posts
lol? water has a lower cooling capacity and efficiency than air? think again buddy.

as far as the question goes, if you want to be able to keep making power all the way to redline you need the tubular mani. you could effectively use a cast iron log if you wanted quick turbo spool but a huge loss of flow up top

·
Registered
346 Posts
lol? water has a lower cooling capacity and efficiency than air? think again buddy.

as far as the question goes, if you want to be able to keep making power all the way to redline you need the tubular mani. you could effectively use a cast iron log if you wanted quick turbo spool but a huge loss of flow up top

When water heats up. sorry I didnt spell it out for you. :wavey:

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
thats why there is a seperate "radiator" for a heat exchanger, and no its not going to get as hot as the radiator, it will be right at ambient dude.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts