8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Carwash nightmare....no 56K!

7K views 70 replies 62 participants last post by  joey.walla 
#1 ·
This is why you shouldnt go through a car wash with brushes......

This morning, i didnt feel like washing my car myself...so i took it to a Local car wash (who i have NEVER had any issues with) I guess there was about 3-5 cars before me...a guy in a truck...had barbwire in the back...it flew out...got wrapped in the brushes....and....this is what happened

Im not the only car this happened too... Im going to be getting a new paint job (i dont think a good shop will do half a car) Those scratches are more then a fingernail deep. Maybe some panels getting replaced too... Who knows...wont beable to go to a body shop until Monday. The car wash will be paying out the a$$ for all these cars to get fixed. Such a tragedy!

See less See more
#3 ·
That...was one of the worst things I've ever seen in my entire life.

Everywhere I've been to, the signs on the Car Wash all say "We are not going to be held responsible for ANY damage incurred for any reason whatsoever."

Are they paying for the repairs? That's one hell of a good Car Wash, if so.

#5 ·
:yeahthat: i see it on a lot of car washes. really sucks to have that happen while going in a car wash. should of complaint right after the wash before everybodys car gets damaged.

#8 ·
On another note, I hate people.

Seriously. Why the hell would someone leave barbed wire (or ANYTHING) in the bed of the truck and go through a wash. Even a low-functioning human brain can put 2+2 together in this scenario. What did this inconsiderate assbag think was going to happen?

#12 ·
wow thats terrible. hope you get it resolved. Looks like the time my friend rolled his car though a chain link fence. :(

and i agree with Mike, people are retarded surprised the truck driver didnt go in with his windows down.

#16 ·
i think you should stay away from car washes from now on and do it yourself. sorry for your experience. i learned the hard way once like you in the past on a previous car. you do know car washes recycle their water too. its like washing your car with filthy water. why would you do that. what color are you going to paint it now.

#40 ·
Sorry to hear about your car. Hope the car wash pays for the damage.
No, I got my door ripped off by a car wash once, but it was my fault. For some reason I opened the door when the brushes were coming and it bent the door all the way back.:pat:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.