8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd let everyone know the good news.... I found out this morning that, after many interviews, reference checks, phone calls and way too much driving, as of Sept. 17, I will be an engineer in the Assembly Plant at Honda of Canada Manufacturing!
The pay scale and benefits package is nothing short of unbelievable... now I know why people want in so bad.
I know people here have misgivings about HCM and the quality that comes out of that plant... never fear, now you have a fellow 8thcivic member on top of things ;)

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone! I've got the normal pre-job jitters I think, but it will be an exciting change.

Burrcold said:
I'll be seeing you soon..although I'm on the supplier side :p
Haha, sounds good! I'll look out for you... we need a secret 8thcivic handshake or something :p

Team Midnight said:
congrats now we have a foot in the door oh and SPY pics incase nething goes down we don't know about
Yeah for sure. I'm starting to wonder how much info from 8thcivic I can put forward... from what I have heard, Honda is very good about listening to suggestions for improvement from employees, so this should be a good opportunity to make sure that all of the problems pointed out on 8thcivic start their way up the Honda ladder.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Congrats!! So will you be going to the Aliston plant? I know Honda plans on moving their head office to Markham in '08 so hopefully I can get my foot through the door. Congrats again!

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
J-StarR said:
Congrats!! So will you be going to the Aliston plant? I know Honda plans on moving their head office to Markham in '08 so hopefully I can get my foot through the door. Congrats again!
Yeah, it's the Alliston plant... strangely enough, a friend of mine just sent me this:

http://www.thestar.com/article/248257

1 - 20 of 67 Posts