8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
^ agree'd, wrap looks cheesy and you can tell if it's the real thing or not. And as said above, wrap will look bad after heat does it's damage

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
They dont make legit carbon fiber hoods for these cars. Only fiberglass hoods with a microscopically thin, superficial, layer of CF on the topside.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Just pay the extra money and get the hood. With heat from the motor could cause it to bubble and rocks on the road/ ither debris will just chip it and scratch it up

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I love the miss information the interweb brings especially on this forum. A good wrap will not bubble up from heat or fade. Ask how I do I know? My car was vinyl wrapped white, and still has the roof wrapped in gloss black, and it is holding up fine in the mild 100+ degree temps of Arizona. It also held up through every day road debris and left the paint in tact when I removed it.

They dont make legit carbon fiber hoods for these cars. Only fiberglass hoods with a microscopically thin, superficial, layer of CF on the topside.
^^ this

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmmm. Well I got a buddy who said the same thing that it still look really fresh with a good wrap. And I'm also coming down to Arizona and I was told that the actual hoods would fade pretty bad from the heat and sun down there.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
CF hood still is going to need another clear coat when you get it or wax it at least once a week .i didn't have the time for that, now looks ashy and I'm thinking in doing a wrap over it or maybe just paint it uggg lol

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
Why not just put your sheet metal hood back on?

It weighs about the same as the carbon fiberglass hood.

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
What's everyone's opinion between getting a legit carbon fiber hood compare to just getting a wrap out into it ? How do they look and how do they last ?

another thread as made like this- ill see if i can dig up the pics i posted on it- my .02- cf is better than wrap- it looks better. I have alot of CF parts and while my trunk garnish looks better than the chrome the wrap doesnt look nearly as nice as the other CF stuff i have. My buddy has a really nice scion tc and his trunk was done and looks great, no fading, no curling edges, nu bubbles- 3M Di Noc is a goo product.

:deadhorse: every CF thread someone says this-- anyone who is a car enthusiast realizes that a hood made of entirely CF would cost much more than like $500. It goes without saying that when someone says CF they mean the general parts that you get from pwjdm or Zerg or Seibon or VIS. Sorry for that little rant- just grinds my gears :wheee:

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
Well as much as it grinds your gears, the fact is that 99% of 'enthusiasts' have no clue that these hoods arent CF, and that they provide little to no weight reduction over stock.

So despite it bothering you that people like myself are sharing this information, it is 100% necessary to help people that are ignorant of these facts from making the mistake of buying ricer body parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts