8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
$140 for a shift knob ? no thankss !
Well now there is 1 less in stock. Cause I just scooped 1 of these up CF w/ Red!! Also have Mugen QS with Hybrid Base and Cable Bushings incoming to go nicely with this knob. Wrapping it all up with a Red Bride Shift Boot^^

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
hey guys, so i know GRFXP is a great shop, i have this knob and the packaging from King Motorsports, ill update my build thread tonight with pics of the packaging (the CF knob itself i already have detailed pics of). I do not know if there authentic or not from GRFXP but i know the one that i have is from King, ive researched Mugen parts and have yet to be fooled so if anyone has questions check out my build.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
hey guys, so i know GRFXP is a great shop, i have this knob and the packaging from King Motorsports, ill update my build thread tonight with pics of the packaging (the CF knob itself i already have detailed pics of). I do not know if there authentic or not from GRFXP but i know the one that i have is from King, ive researched Mugen parts and have yet to be fooled so if anyone has questions check out my build.
Philacivic FTW!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
i think you should post up your packaging from king and steveocivicsi should post up his from GRFXP to compare.

i find it odd that blue rocket does not post to dispute the claims that what he's selling is fake.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Its a good price and I'm interested if only they would confirm its real
Hey buddy Shelley over at gtfxp emailed me this morning assuring me it is authentic Mugen. I am gonna take their word for it. Mine shipped today. My boi philacivic is gonna post pics tonight in his build to show us all what kingsmotor sport aold him. When i get mind I will be doing same thing.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think you should post up your packaging from king and steveocivicsi should post up his from GRFXP to compare.

i find it odd that blue rocket does not post to dispute the claims that what he's selling is fake.
Guys...

First off. Sorry for not replying sooner I haven't been as active recently on the forums as my full time job has become much more demanding, actually in Toronto today and tomorrow on a business trip!

If you have any questions at all, you can always email us at [email protected] and you'll get an answer right away.

As for as the authenticity of our jdm products, I have zero reason to believe they are "fakes". We do not source our products from china, this is why it takes us quite a while to get new products in. We've been using a supplier in Japan who provides us with the products based on what we is able to source. Sometimes we can get a bunch of them at once, sometimes only a handful of items.

I have seen fake emblems in the past and its pretty apparent that they are not oem quality, all the products we offer are extremely high quality, and give me no reason to doubt their authenticity. We sell them for a great price in hopes that our customers will purchase vinyl along with them, we make less than $15 for a set of emblems. When you take into account PayPal fees, employee cost, shipping, etc we are barely making a profit.

One thing to keep in mind is that most companies do have their products made in China to keep costs down, I actually believe on the mugen knob box it says made in China. Maybe this is where some confusion lies!?

If you have any other questions, definitely email is and we will be happy to answer them.

Thanks guys,

-Pete

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
Guys...

First off. Sorry for not replying sooner I haven't been as active recently on the forums as my full time job has become much more demanding, actually in Toronto today and tomorrow on a business trip!

If you have any questions at all, you can always email us at [email protected] and you'll get an answer right away.

As for as the authenticity of our jdm products, I have zero reason to believe they are "fakes". We do not source our products from china, this is why it takes us quite a while to get new products in. We've been using a supplier in Japan who provides us with the products based on what we is able to source. Sometimes we can get a bunch of them at once, sometimes only a handful of items.

I have seen fake emblems in the past and its pretty apparent that they are not oem quality, all the products we offer are extremely high quality, and give me no reason to doubt their authenticity. We sell them for a great price in hopes that our customers will purchase vinyl along with them, we make less than $15 for a set of emblems. When you take into account PayPal fees, employee cost, shipping, etc we are barely making a profit.

One thing to keep in mind is that most companies do have their products made in China to keep costs down, I actually believe on the mugen knob box it says made in China. Maybe this is where some confusion lies!?

If you have any other questions, definitely email is and we will be happy to answer them.

Thanks guys,

-Pete
thanks for the reply- itll be interesting to see the packaging, it should all be uniform. Just as a side note, i have in person seen replica Mugen packaging and the Mugen on the front tab is off along with the rear, I have great pics of the CF knob itself and will post pics of the front and back of the Mugen box once im done work at 4.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
thanks for the reply- itll be interesting to see the packaging, it should all be uniform. Just as a side note, i have in person seen replica Mugen packaging and the Mugen on the front tab is off along with the rear, I have great pics of the CF knob itself and will post pics of the front and back of the Mugen box once im done work at 4.
does yours say anywhere on it "made in china"

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Sofakingfresh. All I have to say to you is...You truly are an idiot and I hope you never reproduce.

TO EVERYONE WONDERING WHAT PHILACIVIC'S MUGEN PACKAGING FROM KINGS MOTOR SPORTS LOOK LIKE. Here you go...No difference.

Pictures Text to me from PhilaCivic. Thanks buddy for showing us whats up and ending all this.
Kings Motor Sport

Mugen Carbon Fiber Spherical Shift Knob - 6MT - King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc.

Clearly says Made in China.

So are we to gather that KingsMotor Sports sells fake knock off items as well?? I dont think so... SO why should GrFXPR be any different?
Also I have Mugen GP wheels and Mugen Hexagon 7 Lugs. I purchased the lugs through Kingsmotorsports as well. Guess what packaging says?....thats right, Made in China!!

So to sofakingfresh. Just cause Mugen has some of their products made in China. Does that mean its crap? Where you get on this kick that Mugen ONLY Makes products in JAPAN? Ya my GP says Forged in Japan. But 50% of product being made in Japan other 50% in China. Seems to me the Racing top quality stuff is all overseen and done in Japan. Prducts such as knobs, lugs, and Badges could be done in China to save time and Money. DOes this mean its a bad thing? NO.

SHOW US YOUR PROOF THAT MUGEN ONLY MAKES PRODUCT IN JAPAN. Until then SHUT IT!!

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
Sofakingfresh. All I have to say to you is...You truly are an idiot and I hope you never reproduce.

TO EVERYONE WONDERING WHAT PHILACIVIC'S MUGEN PACKAGING FROM KINGS MOTOR SPORTS LOOK LIKE. Here you go...No difference.

Pictures Text to me from PhilaCivic. Thanks buddy for showing us whats up and ending all this.
Kings Motor Sport

Mugen Carbon Fiber Spherical Shift Knob - 6MT - King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc.

Clearly says Made in China.

So are we to gather that KingsMotor Sports sells fake knock off items as well?? I dont think so... SO why should GrFXPR be any different?
Also I have Mugen GP wheels and Mugen Hexagon 7 Lugs. I purchased the lugs through Kingsmotorsports as well. Guess what packaging says?....thats right, Made in China!!

So to sofakingfresh. Just cause Mugen has some of their products made in China. Does that mean its crap? Where you get on this kick that Mugen ONLY Makes products in JAPAN? Ya my GP says Forged in Japan. But 50% of product being made in Japan other 50% in China. Seems to me the Racing top quality stuff is all overseen and done in Japan. Prducts such as knobs, lugs, and Badges could be done in China to save time and Money. DOes this mean its a bad thing? NO.

SHOW US YOUR PROOF THAT MUGEN ONLY MAKES PRODUCT IN JAPAN. Until then SHUT IT!!
thanks steve, i did text those pics to steve when i got home from work. I certainly trust King Motorsports to sell authentic stuff, ive seen replica boxes and there much different.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts