8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
well,lol, my mother bought it for me for xmas i order a few weeks ago, im sure its here by now but i wont see it til the 25th . lol

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
yes that she is. cant wait to get it, once i do im going to buy the cf spark plug cover and get my valve cover powdercoated blue. i have a feeling its going to come together nicely.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have to admit, I've always puzzled about this.

If you want to save weight with the intake manifold cover, why not just delete the intake manifold cover, instead of replacing the lightweight plastic manifold cover with a lightweight CF manifold cover? Is there any rational purpose to an intake manifold cover?

(And while you are at it, delete all the plastic trim in the engine bay, such as the fender garnish and grille cover.)

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I have to admit, I've always puzzled about this.

If you want to save weight with the intake manifold cover, why not just delete the intake manifold cover, instead of replacing the lightweight plastic manifold cover with a lightweight CF manifold cover? Is there any rational purpose to an intake manifold cover?

(And while you are at it, delete all the plastic trim in the engine bay, such as the fender garnish and grille cover.)
i think most are doing this for looks in the engine bay, not really for weight reduction.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Already did that & removed the OEM intake manifold cover too. Just a bunch of useless plastic in the engine bay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sup?? i got both of those from paswrodjdm for my '08 civic si coupe (fg2)....the engine cover went on like a glove.....but, having issues with the spark plug wire cover....i want to re-use the stock bolts from the old plastic one but, i can't get the two front bolts off of the damn thing....do the nuts come off of the top of the bolts or what?? it's pissing me off.....any suggestions?? e-mail me, [email protected]

oh, and be prepared to drill all the holes out to a bigger size on the carbon fiber spark plug cover...(all of the holes line up perfect but, they're just a hair too small for the stock bolts)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts