8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want a carbon fiber hood that would look good on a black si sedan any suggestions :pics::pics::pics:

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Buy one.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Is there really much of a point in buying a cf hood for our cars from a performance aspect? I can't really imagine them saving that much weight at all considering how small the hood is already...

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Is there really much of a point in buying a cf hood for our cars from a performance aspect? I can't really imagine them saving that much weight at all considering how small the hood is already...
Any weight loss adds to performance. But maybe you're right, considering costs and the size of the existing hood, it may not be very feasible. Has anyone weighed the OEM hood vs Carbon?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Any weight loss adds to performance. But maybe you're right, considering costs and the size of the existing hood, it may not be very feasible. Has anyone weighed the OEM hood vs Carbon?
You can gut out the OEM hood to save weight. I Helped some one do it with their s13 but maybe that one is a little bit different. You wont have a stand to hold up your hood though lol

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
any weight taken off the front will help a lot because because the Si's are so damn front heavy. A CF hood paired up with a light weight battery should shave off enough weight to feel a decent difference.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Weight Loss

Approximately every 100 lbs you shed off the weight of the car is 1/10th of a second on the 1/4 mile.

The best trick I know of to notice differences on performance is to shed weight on your rims/tires.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does anyone have any experience (long term) with the mainstream CF hoods available. I'd like to see how they hold up over time, with normal waxing/washing.

Is there really that big of a difference between the CF hoods out now, and the "Dry Carbon Fiber" marketed by JDM?

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I don't know but a CF hood on a black car looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Meh... I'm not a huge fan of the whole carbon fiber body panel thing anymore. If I ever got carbon fiber body panels, I would paint them. Not to mention, I would only get them if I believed they would increase my cars performance a noticeable amount.

Sorry to the OP for hi-jacking btw. If I could help you I would, but I don't really know much about the different brands of CF that are available to our cars. Maybe you should ask a mod to move this to the Inside and Out section.... :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts