8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering, have you guys tried bringing your 2006 civics in a machine car wash?

well, Ive already gone twice (wash + wax). And :banghead: Ive learned (from experience) that having it waxxed with a machine was the most wrongest idea.

2006 civic = a lot of plastic outside
Wax + Plastic = white stuff (wax residue)

:( now i have to look for something to remove those stuf. Any ideas?

Thanks Much. :hail:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
get yourself a microfiber towel. walmart/kmart/etc will have them in their automotive section. They feel really odd, but they are safe for paint. Buff the areas that have the residue, and it'll be all good.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
You got your door ripped off?!?!..lmao! :hail: Damn, Im so glad ive never thought of using a car wash machine, because I was told before that most can scratch up your car, so I never planned on going to one ever. :aaa:

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
You got your door ripped off?!?!..lmao! :hail: Damn, Im so glad ive never thought of using a car wash machine, because I was told before that most can scratch up your car, so I never planned on going to one ever. :aaa:
Don't ask me how but yeah the door was bent all to hell and back on my 1980 toyota. I barely opened the door for some reason I forgot when the machine took it. I just had to go to the junk yard and buy another door for it. This happened over 10 years ago. I'm a little smarter now!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I NEVER do automated car washes with brushes due to the potential for swirl marks, scratches, etc. I have, however, gone through touchless car washes (e.g. Mobil gas) with no problem. During the winters I typically take my cars to an indoor hand wash facility who does a bang up job for only $12 (rinse, wash, dry, vacuum interior, clean windows - inside and out, clean rims, and dress up tires).

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
you should only wash your car by hand. **** the automatic car washes, they're a waste of time and money. if you're into your car, you'll clean it yourself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Kurt said:
you should only wash your car by hand. **** the automatic car washes, they're a waste of time and money. if you're into your car, you'll clean it yourself.
Exactly :thumb:

·
Registered
730 Posts
ide say either do it by hand or pay a guy who dose them by hand and dose a good job on them. i got a kid on my block who dose both my parents cars for 20 bucks and dose a wax every other wash. automated is for soccer moms.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Fishytron said:
ide say either do it by hand or pay a guy who dose them by hand and dose a good job on them. i got a kid on my block who dose both my parents cars for 20 bucks and dose a wax every other wash. automated is for soccer moms.
Exactly :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts