8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first opportunity to post this....

Well it happened Saturday night sometime after 11:30-11:45pm when I got home. I parked my car in the driveway as I usually do; as does everyone else in my development. I had to grab something from my car after I closed the garage door, so I ran back out to my car believing to hit the "lock" button when I ran back inside.

I went out the next morning to find my glove box open:eek:mg:, center arm rest flipped up, gloves from the drivers door thrown on the floor, and cigarette ash on the drivers seat!:rantsmiley:

I noticed that my Y-Adapter for the ipod, along with the ipod and an external 2.5mm to 2.5 mm jack were missing from my car!! I immediately check the dirvers door pouch (not the big one, the little one)as I realized I had left my wallet in there. Thankfully it was still there as were my credit cards, bank cards and the $20.00 in cash I had left in there (somehow they must have missed it). I was now thinking that this was a tennager breaking into the car looking for electronics. There wasn't any signs of tampering of forced entry into the car, which leads me to believe that I somehow left the bloody door unlocked!! :scratches:

As soon as I noticed everything missing I received an e-mail from my neighbor on my phone stating that there were a series of break-ins at our community last night and that many people had their GPS's stolen, loose change, etc. (mainly electronics). My one neighbor had her car broken into in the driveway and the theives even opened her garage and broke into her Saab which was in there. Thankfully that did not happen at my house, but it leaves you still feeling violated.

Since I'm so anal retentive about my car being clean; I washed it the night before (Friday) and made her look all pretty for 4 days of no snow!! I called the cops (for some apparent reason I kept getting the freaking voicemail - what township does that?!, so I had to dial 911 and have them dispatch someone to my house) :police:. They informed me that I was the only clean car that they could get fingerprints off of and that they'll take them in for a fingerprint scan at the station (I live in Pennsylvania and it has been snowing/ the roads covered with salt for the past 2 weeks). I am now hoping that they aren't my fingerprints and that they're the little punks who broke into my car.

I have only owned my car for 3 months and it has already been broken into. Bad omen? I just wish Honda would have placed a lock on the glove compartment like my Pontiac had (which is where I kept my ipod). I know it was my fault for leaving the car open (in which I thought I locked it), but the scum who broke into my car on Saturday night will have Karma kick him/er in the ass; especially if I see the son of a *****.

Well thankfully for Circuit City's liquidation; I went out and bought a new iPod and case since I cannot live without music (it's seriously my life). I will now take everything in with me no matter where I go since this break in ran me roughly $250 in expenses.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to vent my frustration and feeling of being violated for the first time knowing that I had no control over it.

Have you guys/girls had any minor break ins to where it just annoys the hell out of you? I now know feeling and it definitely sucks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hey man, sorry to hear that. It always sucks to be violated like that. I've had my car broken into also, but this was back when I had my eclipse. They broke the door locks, took my aftermarket radio, busted up my center stack, took every thing outta my center console...they even stole my book bag from the trunk, but oddly enough they left my college text books (stupid pricks probably counldn't even read).

Hopefully you don't have any incidents like this and hopefully the cops can match the prints off of the car.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Damn sorry to hear about that. Hope this isn't a normal thing where you live.

I'm always scared about someone breaking into my car bc of my radar detector. I have a nice passport ($564) I take it down every time I get out of the car but, the suction cup things are still there. idk... stupid pricks.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
check your driver's door lock in the door handle see if it's bent..same thing happend to me where i went to chapters for like 1 hr , come back out and find my tomtom GPS stolen. nothing else. no window smashed, and i made sure i locked my doors , go home and look under the light to see my driver side door lock bent out of place, could only get my key in half way.

they must of used a screwdriver or something. but it's a def shitty deal.

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
sorry to hear about that. hope you find out the punks who took all your electronics. thankfully my car hasnt been broken into, but my cousins have, took their air bags and smashed the windows. now i take all my valuables inside the house when im parked outside.

·
Registered
353 Posts
sorry to hear that. i know how you feel when i had my old eclipse they tried to bend my door to get a hanger into it, and when they couldn't they broke the window and stole my after market radio and stock cassette player just to make it worse.

·
Registered
35 Posts
that happened to my dad when i was a kid. he happened to be out back in the pool and heard some suspicious activity, so he went out to the car to find a couple of kids i sort of knew trying to break into his ride. he caught them in the act, chased one down, and the other gave himself up. ours was like the 10th house they had been to that nite, they had lots of goodies....

im extremely ocd about checking my ebrake, windows and doorlocks.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.