8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 SI with a PRL turbo kit tuned by PRL themselves when they still did that. For the past 18 months everything has been pretty much perfect. My car has started occasionally stalling at idle and lower speeds but mainly idle. Recently it sometimes wont restart for a minute or two. Car isn't sending any codes, and when I race (push it to 6-8.5k) it's perfectly fine. I've tried replacing battery, alternator, crank pulley, and crank position sensor. I'm out of ideas and I took it to a mechanic after I ran out of ideas, and they couldn't figure it out either. Any guesses would really appreciate any advice

·
Registered
197 Posts
Man... I hate chasing these kinds of problems, so I feel for you. How is the idle before the car stalls? Is it rough? What rpm does it hold? Have you tried taking any logs? (Assuming you've got a flashpro or equiv since you've got a tune)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's honestly fine. I sometimes know it's coming because the idle will lower to 700 for a second and it'll go back up. It idles at 1k before it starts acting up and sometimes going down. I had a p0339 crank position sensor a. We found my crank pulley was bad so fixed that and put it a new sensor. Still turned off after about 20-25. Sometimes it'll turn back on. Sometimes it wont. It eventually always does. 0 problems whenever I get on it or when I'm not idle. Very odd.

·
Registered
197 Posts
1k seems high... I'm pretty sure 700 is actually the correct idle speed, so that may be a clue. One possible culprit would be your ECUs coolant temp sensor. (Don't remember which one that is off the top of my head)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts