8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so the weirdest thing ever happened to me the other day........i was backing up and started hearing a weird noise like if i was scraping my bumper against the curb or something except that wasnt that case at all.. so i stopped to listen to the noise and then realized that my car wouldnt reverse any more or come out of gear. it felt like there was a metal plate blocking my reverse from going into neutral or something...strangest thing ever. so i had to get my car towed since it was unable to move backwards or even out of gear but my question is...has this ever happened to anyone or does anyone know why/how this happened?! i took it to honda to get it fixed and supposedly they have techs that have been there for 21 yrs but yet are unable to give me a reason as to why this is happening..but i cant possibly be the only person..so someones gotta know why... oh and btw that same night i completely lost my 3rd gear also. thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
A peice of your 3rd gear syncros broke off and is now blocking you from coming out of reverse.... Mabye.... Just a guess in for answers

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm.. ok.. that makes sense. they tore apart my tranny and couldnt find anything wrong but they said my shift fork was bent and that was why i lost my 3rd gear but had no explanation on the reverse or could even say if it was related.. so thats why i was still wondering wtf.. im afraid of that happening again or something. i have the WORST luck w this car ever!!!

·
8th-a-holic
1,293 Posts
a bent shift fork causes your trans to be stuck in Reverse. Happened to me on a ZX-2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts