8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was driving down the highway. redlined on 3rd, shift to 4th and about 3 seconds later my car stalled... I have no idea what happened!? The car stalled while rolling at 80mph and it didnt happen again when i turned the car back on. No CEL came on and the car ran like normal after i turned it back on.. any ideas or has anything similar like this happened to anyone before?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
wow thats...very weird...didnt kno u can stall while moving that fast..sorry never happened to me...first manual car...havent managed that yet...sorry for no helpful imput..

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is weird.. i'm starting to think that my knee might've hit the key while i let my foot off the gas to shift.. there was no CEL and the car ran fine. then again, i dunno if i hit the key..

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
you cant stall at 80 mph theres another explanation to it...and once i figure it out i'll tell you lol

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i guess that could be a possibility but thats kinda pushing it?.. i mean the key is kind high up..and u would have to hit the top part of the key side to turn it back a notch...hows ur engine running now...?...any other problems?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
if it runs fine..then dont worry bout it

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
my friend has a Fujita SRI and runs hard up past 80 and hasn't had a problem with it running lean...

My guess would be electrical, maybe the fuel pump cut off...some sort of fail safe perhaps? I'd second the whole going in for a diagnostic just to be safe.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It's a top secret government experiment and it's being installed on random cars. So say, if you go over 80 in a 70 zone, a radio transmitter in your car sends out an 256-bit AES encrypted signal of your VIN on 8.2xyz Ghz. (where 'x', 'y' & 'z' are also derived from your VIN using a hash algorithm). A geosynchronous satellite picks it up and you are given a 3-second grace period to slow down or it commands your fuel management computer to shutdown.

In other words, I'm equally clueless. Have it looked at by the dealership.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
lol dont post if you're not gonna help.. i'm asking for help not your opinion.
what the hell...i wasnt kidding or anything..i'm just saying, you know since i'm about ASE certified, that since you were redlining and uncertain of whether your knee hit your key, you shouldnt worry

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.