8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody dealt with car sponsorships and how they work or has a couple of stories 9good or bad) and who they were and what you got at cost or discount?

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I've talked to quite a few people on other froums about sponsorships and they are kind of a double edged sword. The bonus - you can get parts for free - the bad - they basically own your life. They usually make you attend countless shows a month to put your car on display. They obviously place stickers and whatnot all over the car, and sometimes require you to travel long distances to promote their products. It's not the easiest thing to get into either. Usually you either have to know someone, or already have a lot of work done to your car before they'll even consider you.

note - never pay to get into a sponsorship. I've seen a few scams going around where they ask you to pay like a membership to get into a sponsor. That is bs. Never do that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am parts crazy. most of what i knew with my truck were based on the location of the company and they usually required 3 national shows a year. It was always about cars in Cali and there availability for test vehicles that got the hottest parts up front.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
indeed. If you can provide your car as a guinea pig, you will get some of the new stuff. I remember 7thgen members that got free parts that way. Just keep your eyes and ears open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts