8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just moved to San Diego from NYC...looking for reputable shops to do some basic work on my FA5. One of my coilovers is seized so looking to find a shop to replace em.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!!:wavey:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Jerry and team @ Greenlight Auto Care are the best Honda/Acura shop in SD. You can tell him Matt w/ the white K24 coupe referred you if you want. He's installed all of my various suspension setups over the years.

If you need anything major or drivetrain-related done, it's probably worth traveling up to Ventura to see Eman (K20Z3allmotor).

·
Administrator
71,984 Posts
coilovers is seized? compression/rebound is seized, or adjustment? you're likely going to need a rebuild, or a complete new set. doubt a shop is going to help you "replace" a single corner of a coilover set. and if you get a new set, you just need any local dude to help you install it, not a shop. they'll charge you a grip. im in SD if you ever need some help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
coilovers is seized? compression/rebound is seized, or adjustment? you're likely going to need a rebuild, or a complete new set. doubt a shop is going to help you "replace" a single corner of a coilover set. and if you get a new set, you just need any local dude to help you install it, not a shop. they'll charge you a grip. im in SD if you ever need some help.
yeah one coil was seized.. ended up buying a new set of BC racing coils and had Greenlight Auto install them. Great group of guys there!! Highly recommend. Thanks for the offer though !! I may hit you up for some more simpler installs. Always good to know theres local forum guys willing to help each other out :vtec:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts