8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you using an aftermarket security system? If so, what kind of security setup do you have? How do you like it?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Janizary said:
• Compustar 2W900FM-A (2-way alarm with LCD remote)
• LoJack + LoJack Early Warning System
• VehicleTracking.com LSA7100 GPS transponder

Go ahead, say it...I am paranoid. And those do not include the physical deterents on the vehicle.
Wow, where do you live , that you need all that
security ? :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Janizary said:
• Compustar 2W900FM-A (2-way alarm with LCD remote)
• LoJack + LoJack Early Warning System
• VehicleTracking.com LSA7100 GPS transponder

Go ahead, say it...I am paranoid. And those do not include the physical deterents on the vehicle.

I'm with you on this one.

I live in the Los Angeles area, so you know how that goes lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just purchased a compustar 2w900MAS - still in the mail. Do i need to i need an extra module to bypass the clutch so the remote starter doesn't need to depress the clutch? I saw this Honda-SL2 link. Is this just for the antitheft immobilzer?

Anymore details about installing a remote start/alarm would be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am looking at purchasing the compustar 2W900FM-AS for my new civic si. I am planning on getting it off ebay for around $190, which doesn't seem bad even though I haven't done much research on pricing. From the previous posts, it seems as though this is a good product. Can these be installed on manual cars? On ebay the guy is selling them specifically for manual or automatic transmissions, is this accurate or should they work with either type? Also, after to purchase do you think it would be a better idea to have the honda dealership install it or would a local autobody be fine? I have heard of some autobody shops doing bad installs only to later have people rob the car, which is why I think it may be better do go to the dealership. What do you think?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm relocating to Detroit this fall and I hadn't previously thought of upgrading the security system, but after seeing that report with detroit ranked as one of the top ten auto theft cities I'm thinking I may need to invest a little money...

·
Registered
297 Posts
I guess the best anti-theif system is still perhaps the good old bouncer with a baseball bat (maybe a shottie if he is afraid to be out-gunned) :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
hondadriver said:
You guys and your fancy security systems. I didn't want to mess with the Honda electronics, or have any extra remotes... and last but not least I didn't want to spend $100s (possibly $1000s) and saved a bunch....

This method is proven 97% effective ... check it out :laughing:

Ahahaha...you totally killed the civic by putting the Ford logo on your ride....smart idea, but it doesnt look good at all....
but is that real? or you just photoshop that???
ahahah FUnny though:eek:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
hondadriver said:
You guys and your fancy security systems. I didn't want to mess with the Honda electronics, or have any extra remotes... and last but not least I didn't want to spend $100s (possibly $1000s) and saved a bunch....

This method is proven 97% effective ... check it out :laughing:

haha. thats funny, kind of makes the car look like a focus.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts