8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Details? Did they smash windows then grab items and run?

The stock alarm should help you if someone breaks your window then opens a door, and it will also be difficult for someone to hotwire your car because of the immobilizer function.

I'd recommend the Viper 5901 system...$200 for that, maybe $200-250 more for the install (which will require adding an immobilizer bypass unit plus a glass-break-sound sensor and a tilt sensor, all three of which can be had on Amazon for ~$35 each).

Better start saving up! Check their website for details on that alarm system. Has a 2-way pager remote that alerts you when certain parts of the alarm are going off, up to a mile away. And has engine start for manual and auto cars.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Details? Did they smash windows then grab items and run?

The stock alarm should help you if someone breaks your window then opens a door, and it will also be difficult for someone to hotwire your car because of the immobilizer function.

I'd recommend the Viper 5901 system...$200 for that, maybe $200-250 more for the install (which will require adding an immobilizer bypass unit plus a glass-break-sound sensor and a tilt sensor, all three of which can be had on Amazon for ~$35 each).

Better start saving up! Check their website for details on that alarm system. Has a 2-way pager remote that alerts you when certain parts of the alarm are going off, up to a mile away. And has engine start for manual and auto cars.
nope they did not get in. i went out to get my smokes out the car and they had jimmies in the window trying to get in but i had a Machete i came out my apt and almost hit one of the guys and then they took off. yea i found the 5901 for $195 and im getting in like a few days im trying to get a few of the add-ons for it

·
Registered
102 Posts
nope they did not get in. i went out to get my smokes out the car and they had jimmies in the window trying to get in but i had a Machete i came out my apt and almost hit one of the guys and then they took off. yea i found the 5901 for $195 and im getting in like a few days im trying to get a few of the add-ons for it
You always come outside carrying a machete? :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Good call man. People who do stuff like that...like break into people's personal property, deserve to meet the machete :thumb:. Let me know how/if the 5901 goes, plus if you get the addons. I'd like to save up for one, one day, plus the tilt/glass/proximity sensors and immobilizer bypass module.

·
Registered
33 Posts
my car was broken into 3 weeks ago at work. nothing was taken looking for audio stuff, which i dont have. glad i came across this thread cuz now im in the market for a security system. once i get my taxes back the 5901 and tilt, proximity, and audio sensors are going in. i dont care for remote start.

·
Registered
22 Posts
my car was broken into 3 weeks ago at work. nothing was taken looking for audio stuff, which i dont have. glad i came across this thread cuz now im in the market for a security system. once i get my taxes back the 5901 and tilt, proximity, and audio sensors are going in. i dont care for remote start.
same here... will be getting the security system soon... thanks for the info guys..

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I'm also shoping for a car alarm and wondering where could I buy and get this Viper 5901 system installed?
Amazon.com.
May also want to purchase Directed Electronics' (The company that makes Viper/Clifford/Snake-named alarms w/e) accessory tilt sensor, glassbreak-sound sensor, and the Immobilizer bypass modules etc...basically these things are like an extra $35 apiece and are nice to have and can be added to your 5901 system. The 5901 includes a lot, but if memory serves, you may need the aforementioned addons for a more complete system.

Google for local alarm/sound shops in your area. Phone them and ask for an estimate for the 5901+ ~3 modules installation cost. Also really stress the importance of a dealership (lifetime would be nice) installation warranty, and get it in paper if you choose them. You don't want a bunch of crooks (like we find everywhere) who install your stuff and then turn their backs on you when something goes wrong or needs fixing.

All in all for the 5901, you might spend 200 for the alarm, 100 for the extra modules (purchase them off amazon), and maybe 200 for the install? Gotta get quotes!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Amazon.com.
May also want to purchase Directed Electronics' (The company that makes Viper/Clifford/Snake-named alarms w/e) accessory tilt sensor, glassbreak-sound sensor, and the Immobilizer bypass modules etc...basically these things are like an extra $35 apiece and are nice to have and can be added to your 5901 system. The 5901 includes a lot, but if memory serves, you may need the aforementioned addons for a more complete system.

Google for local alarm/sound shops in your area. Phone them and ask for an estimate for the 5901+ ~3 modules installation cost. Also really stress the importance of a dealership (lifetime would be nice) installation warranty, and get it in paper if you choose them. You don't want a bunch of crooks (like we find everywhere) who install your stuff and then turn their backs on you when something goes wrong or needs fixing.

All in all for the 5901, you might spend 200 for the alarm, 100 for the extra modules (purchase them off amazon), and maybe 200 for the install? Gotta get quotes!
Allright thanks a lot, I just purchased this alarm and I'm going to try and get Future Shop in my town to install it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.