8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I was driving home and it started pouring down rain on me. I have a hybrid racing cai and I'm pretty sure it sucked up some water. It started driving funny and wouldn't go past certain rpm's. It started running super lean as well which I figured it killed the maf sensor. I got home and took the intake off and let the car sit overnight. Next day I got a new filter on it and new maf sensor but car still runs lean so I got new plugs and did an oil and filter change. The car seems to run fine but still super lean, smells like fuel and the flashpro onboard afr reading is pinned on the rpm's like in the 20's. I'm not sure what else to check besides injectors maybe? maybe they got stuck open from water? I have no idea anymore. There are no CEL's or anything. I'd just like someone to point me in the right direction hopefully. Thanks!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Did you crank the car when the spark plugs were off? Doing this will spit out all the water out the cylinder. I would definitely run a compression test now and see where the numbers are at. Not consistent numbers probably means that you bent a rod or something. Do you hear any knocking?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you crank the car when the spark plugs were off? Doing this will spit out all the water out the cylinder. I would definitely run a compression test now and see where the numbers are at. Not consistent numbers probably means that you bent a rod or something. Do you hear any knocking?
I haven't tried that yet. and no unusual sounds the car still runs great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man you are saved from rod knock. Well running lean can be solved but rod knock can't. What are the values of o2 sensors B1 and B2. and afr at idle plus stft.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man you are saved from rod knock. Well running lean can be solved but rod knock can't. What are the values of o2 sensors B1 and B2. and afr at idle plus stft.
unfortunately i bought the car from a dealership and they didnt have the flashpro so i cant check anything. though flashpro integrated the afr reading on the rpm gauge when you press the 'decel/set' cruise control button. it used to read around 14.5 but now its just pinned like it's in the 20's sometimes it'll bounce back down but idle and driving its constantly in the 20's or higher.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So the other day I was driving home and it started pouring down rain on me. I have a hybrid racing cai and I'm pretty sure it sucked up some water. It started driving funny and wouldn't go past certain rpm's. It started running super lean as well which I figured it killed the maf sensor. I got home and took the intake off and let the car sit overnight. Next day I got a new filter on it and new maf sensor but car still runs lean so I got new plugs and did an oil and filter change. The car seems to run fine but still super lean, smells like fuel and the flashpro onboard afr reading is pinned on the rpm's like in the 20's. I'm not sure what else to check besides injectors maybe? maybe they got stuck open from water? I have no idea anymore. There are no CEL's or anything. I'd just like someone to point me in the right direction hopefully. Thanks!
i thought the hybrid racing had some sort of hydro lock preventative built into it? but yeah it seems like maybe it did take in water. theres a lot of things that can make it run lean, i would do the usual inspection and take out the plugs, injectors, check for vacuum leaks, check relevant gaskets, filters, etc

unfortunately i bought the car from a dealership and they didnt have the flashpro so i cant check anything. though flashpro integrated the afr reading on the rpm gauge when you press the 'decel/set' cruise control button. it used to read around 14.5 but now its just pinned like it's in the 20's sometimes it'll bounce back down but idle and driving its constantly in the 20's or higher.
man you need to get that flashpro, its terrible that they sold you a tuned car with no way of checking its health....

·
Registered
661 Posts
It's not intake related.

AFR's going crazy...and the car has a tune...damn.

Your engine could be tuned for Stage 2 cams! (Or more.)

(Parts that were stripped out.)

You may be running larger RDX 410cc injectors, depending on the level of scavenging, before selling.

After stripping a car of mods...basically no one, ever re tunes it, before they sell it.

Common decency!

Get FP.

In the meantime...look at your engine. See if everything is OEM, or what's missing, or modded, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was just my wideband o2. Probably shorted out or just died so replaced that and it's fine now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts